Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New GAL from Mississippi

Old 02-10-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
mines been ticking but they claim its normal for the 3.6 motor ! I feel like im going to detonate the longer time goes on
yet I hate to have them tear into it too if it is normal for the noise . however I find it hard to believe its normal mines a november 2011 build received before actual 2012 so im sure it needs heads but , I think im gona need second opinion
Ticked from day one (feb 12) and was told it was normal. CEL came on in December. Dealer said no code so installed a new cluster gauge. Within 5 miles of leaving CEL came on again and took it back. This time they told me it did indeed throw a code the first time and Chrysler told them to ignore it but since it through same code again, they could now tear it down and pressure test it. Passed test put it back together and threw the code again.....so FINALLY Chrysler allowed them to order new heads. Code referenced #4 cylinder.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kent.Rowell

let me know if you find out anything. I went and rode a small portion of it off of 40 ave about 5 years ago when I had a TJ, but would like to meet up with some other people and go ride
Kent, you ok!!!! That tornado and two more skipped inside of a mile from my house this afternoon.......Hattiesburg and petal are ripped apart as I'm sure you know. I think it came from your area first!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default yeh that sux but least youl be clear hopefully

although I have heard of someone that the tick came back on second head but
I think they replaced with the early head lol dummies ! anyway good luck let me know if it solves the tick completely or if it just ticks lightly mines not bad but it def ticks like a timex only much louder I can actually hear it 3 feet away sometimes as im walkin up to it in idle , it realy bugs me that they wont fix it till it codes out ! bastards 30grand and we have to live with a time bomb till it indicates its ready to detonate ! I cant even do mods until this happens or they will prob blame it on the mods ! I got a new posion spyder bumper and cant install it realy or they will prob say it was my bumper that strained the motor lol

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-10-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn ! i got some relTives in hattiesburg , hope they are ok . damn tornados
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinajk
Rough day...... Let me know if they need some help....I'll be glad to lend a hand
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinajk
Rough day....let me know if they need any help, I'll be glad to lend a hand
Old 02-10-2013, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

although I have heard of someone that the tick came back on second head but
I think they replaced with the early head lol dummies ! anyway good luck let me know if it solves the tick completely or if it just ticks lightly mines not bad but it def ticks like a timex only much louder I can actually hear it 3 feet away sometimes as im walkin up to it in idle , it realy bugs me that they wont fix it till it codes out ! bastards 30grand and we have to live with a time bomb till it indicates its ready to detonate ! I cant even do mods until this happens or they will prob blame it on the mods ! I got a new posion spyder bumper and cant install it realy or they will prob say it was my bumper that strained the motor lol
Yeah I'm holding off on some mods too can't wait to get this thing off the ground
Old 02-10-2013, 08:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i used to have a 2011 sport 2 door

I remember the little tires that came with it trust me but youl hate to loose that gas milage they get lol I could drive all day on a tank now I have 33s and 410 gearing in my 12 rubicon im not traveling all day trust me
Old 02-11-2013, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I remember the little tires that came with it trust me but youl hate to loose that gas milage they get lol I could drive all day on a tank now I have 33s and 410 gearing in my 12 rubicon im not traveling all day trust me
Haha! I hear ya! My previous ride was an f150 with a 6" lift and 35s....bout 11mpg, just buying the jeep took me to 21mpg so with the 33s I have ordered, I feel like ill still be ahead!!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACLeeJK
Kent, you ok!!!! That tornado and two more skipped inside of a mile from my house this afternoon.......Hattiesburg and petal are ripped apart as I'm sure you know. I think it came from your area first!

Yeah I'm ok. One touched down out by my parents house but no damage for them or us. You make it through ok? Poor Oak Grove and the Burg got tore up.

Quick Reply: New GAL from Mississippi