Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New from Georgia!

Old 04-26-2018, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New from Georgia!

I bought a 2007 jeep just to make sure I like jeeps. Turns out....I do! However, it's at 106k miles and I am starting to make a list of all of the problems over the last year. I hope the Jeeniuses on this forum can help me figure this thing out! I don't want to do any modifications until I know it's in good condition!

The list:

-Front differential leak coming out the axle shaft (slow)
-P0456 (sweet...replacing the gas cap worked!)
-Slight coolant loss, and randomly it will have a noticeable leak from straight under the engine...not hoses)
-A soft knocking sound at idle...no shaking, sounds dry but oil is fine (I'll try to upload the sound clip...idle for first minute)
-Boot on front drive shaft needs to be replaced..i think...i can see a tear in the rubber
-Strong gas smell when I start it
-some odd scrapes on the axle shaft possibly from turning but no noise (picture below)
-Oh...and today my parking brake had a loud pop and no longer engages...so maybe that's the first thing to fix

at Carolina Beach, I bought the jeep, drove it to the beach, and showed up on Topless Day. Had to make sure my kids were allowed...

Took the axle nut off, the rotor, the caliper, and the three crazy bolts in the back. It seems rusted shut to the heat shield. It won't budge...PB blastered the mess out of it too...am I forgetting something?

Noticed this little scrape when trying to take the front axle out to change the diff seals...obviously wasn't successful as noted above...
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
Jeep Engine.mp3 (980.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-27-2018, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!

Quick Reply: New from Georgia!