Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New here, engine light, etc, esp

Old 08-18-2015, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, engine light, etc, esp

Hi guys, i hope im putting the plea for help in the right place. First time here.

I have an 07 unlimited x with 135k. Been problem free til now. A few weeks ago, my etc (red lightning bolt) starting flashing, the trac control light came on and my engine light came on. When this happened the jeep powered down and i couldn't go more than 15 mph or so. After turning it off and on, only the engine light stayed on and it drove normal. Engine light stayed on for a day or so then went away. This has happened a few more times recently, seems to be happening a little more frequently
Im trying to avoid going to the dealer. Anybody have this problem? Any solutions? Thanks in advance

Nick
Old 08-18-2015, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

How is your battery? Low or bad battery will reek havoc on the voltage sensitive systems in the JKs as well as a lot of other newer vehicles......
Old 08-18-2015, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Grimmjpr View Post
How is your battery? Low or bad battery will reek havoc on the voltage sensitive systems in the JKs as well as a lot of other newer vehicles......
Hey, the battery seems ok, cleaned the terminals last week. No prob starting, sounds and feels normal. I got a code from my scanner, P0344 camshaft position sensor. However, my very limited understanding on this matter tells me a cam shaft sensor can't cause the ETC to go off.

Quick Reply: New here, engine light, etc, esp

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: