Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New JK Owner Greece

Old 02-20-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New JK Owner Greece

Just ordered and awaiting my car in a month's time, yes it takes so long here in Greece.
I ordered a model that in Europe is called Sport which is a cross-breed between X and Sahara in the States.

Awaiting to take delivery and start the off roading!!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Hello from Belgium and welcome to the forum. I ' am already waiting since october 19 and counting down for the off road experience..
Old 02-20-2008, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi Ferre, and I was thinking that in Greece we had the longest wait!!!

By the way have you noticed the differences between the US and European models?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

γειά σας!. and καλή τύχη from Cleveland. I would love to have a jeep in Greece.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by iannis
Hi Ferre, and I was thinking that in Greece we had the longest wait!!!

By the way have you noticed the differences between the US and European models?
Hum , not directly but what i know is that in the US people can do great mods to their jeeps , while here in Belgium we can not do this due to the safety control mechanisms. I would like to lift the JK once it has arrived and to get rid of those ugly bumpers but i don't know yet what we may change overhere , from what i heard not much so...Maybe it' s time to emigrate to another country??:confused:
Old 02-21-2008, 10:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mods in Europe

True In europe mods are a bit tightly controlled due to safety issues and standards, however here in Greece although we have to comply with the rest of Europe, there is some freeplay

The major diference as you mentioned are the fenders which look asolutely ridiculous and although you can order them through the official distributors they do advise that they are not legal.
What I intend to do however is to go forward and put on the fenders as they were initially designed so that the JK looks better.

Here in Greece we have an off road club with which we organise excursions and get to some off roading action, outdoor capmingin the woods and BBQ's in the forests etc. (nice fun) If anyone wants to check out thewebsite is:
http://www.4x4ekaliclub.gr

And although its in Greek if you use BabelFish Translation wbsite you can have it in English.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Here are some pics from Excursion in Greece

Old 02-28-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LiquidSmile
Welcome to the Forum! I will be in Athens and then heading to Crete in October for my honeymoon!
Thanks LiquidSmile, Crete is a very nice island with great outdoors,very friendly people, great local food and lots of places to visit (ofcourse for offroading as well-you can always rentasuzuki Santana and play around). Athens is atypical Metropolitan City with excellent Night Life and lots of traffic!! However tere are many nteresting places to visit and at theotskirts of Athens you can have great off roading fun,there also exist 2 different extremeoff roading stadiums in the North and East of Athens!!)

Wish you a very pleasant stay in Greece.

Quick Reply: New JK Owner Greece