Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New Member from CO Rubicon Question

Old 05-22-2015, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member from CO Rubicon Question

Hi all. I have a 2012 2dr Rubicon. I finally lifted it 4 inches and added 35's after driving it stock for almost 3 years. It looks amazing and rides okay. Rough Country "bolt on" lift and Goodyear Duratracks on my stock rims. I had a slight tire rub on the right side rear track bar so I added 1.5 inch Rough Country wheel spacers. That solved that problem and it looks amazing. However in a sharp right hand turn at speed I get what sounds like a tire rub. On inspection there is no new rub. No new dark marks on the inside of the tires like before. So it's mechanical. No noise on a left hand turn, slow or at speed. NO visible marks on the drive shafts. Laid under it with good light for several minutes looking for ANY markings of rubbing. Thinking it may be a in the steering ball joints (Don't laugh or yell I think that is what they are called). It's NOT death wobble. Anyone got any thoughts on that??

Quick Reply: New Member from CO Rubicon Question