Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New Member - Looking for some help with my already modified JKU

Old 09-15-2017, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - Looking for some help with my already modified JKU

Currently : 2014 JKU Sahara. 2.5'' Teraflex lift, 35x12.5r17 Goodyear Duratracs on 17''x(9''?) Fuel Mavericks.

I'll need to switch out the tires soon, 10k-ish miles left on them. I was thinking of bumping up to 37x12.5 or 13.5 Ridge or Trail Grapplers and adding a 1'' leveling kit. Does anyone know if there is anything else I need to do to accomplish this? Maybe switch to flat fenders but should I bump up to a D30 or switch out any other components? Mostly used for paved roads and overland, it is my weekend vehicle I guess.

I'll post in mods forum but figured I'd include that bit of information here too

Thanks everyone! Lookin forward to being a part of the community

-Alex
Old 09-16-2017, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

With 37s you will need to cut your fenders or get flat fenders for sure you will need to trim the pinch seams. I think I'll have to do it with 3.5 as well. The Dana 30 is going to be an issue at some point. With 37 it just usually a question of when not if it will break. Gears will probably be a factor as well.

Last edited by cedarraider; 09-16-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Quick Reply: New Member - Looking for some help with my already modified JKU