Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New Member from New England

Old 02-10-2019, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member from New England

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and have had my '17 Wrangler Sport for about a year and a half. It's dead stock minus a few little things. A buddy of mine also has one and we take them our every couple of months and beat them up. As you guys know, they are VERY capable while stock, but as we get a little better and more aggressive the tires and suspensions are showing there weakness.

I'm in the process of shopping for a lift kit and tires. Looking for something 2.5" - 3.0", pretty comprehensive with easily detachable sway bars. I like the look and the ability of the 35" tires, but I'm worried about needing to replace the driveshaft(s) and gears.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful

Also looking for a shop to do tho lift. A lot of local mechanics will do it, but I'd rather take it somewhere who's done many lifts on many jeeps.

Any recommendations there would be nice too

Looking forward to checking out the new confusing world!

Screw
Old 02-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

WELCOME.. Shop for information from several Catalogue online sellers; i.e.. Quadratec.. contact them get their catalogue .. it has a table listing tire size, wheels, lift recommended.. IMO 2.5 should be very good with 35s.. will you be using stock wheels - probably will need spacers to keep from rubbing on turns.. Most of the shops that install lift kits have'um for sale.. What gear is your Sport .. 3.73? IF 3.73 IMO I would run this and see how it performs with 35s before re-gearing.. you decide then. You didnt mention what wheels .. backspacing is important to keep from rubbing. Not sure which Kit has adjustable control arms which if you get these, have the shop measure stock driveline angle and then adjust to get the same angle as stock.. if not adjustables then shims are available to adjust the axles for correct angles to get to or very close to Stock. Dont know MA so No recommendations on shops.. check for local Jeep Clubs on that one.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not in your backyard but I've had very good results down on the Cape at Platinum in Yarmouth off 28. I got a lift done at a competitor and they recommended Platinum for the initial alignment. Afterwards, I wished I'd had them do the whole thing - I felt more confident about their work and pricing. Since then I've been back, and have sent others there too. They also rent Jeeps to vacationers so I'm sure they do a lot of noob repairs on their own fleet.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:35 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi there!

We offer a ton of lift kits in that height range! We also offer a discount to JK forum members! Check them out!

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16300_6014_07.htm

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16300_6014_07.htm

We stock these two lift kits and many more!

For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: RobW@quadratec.com Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm. All times are Eastern.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Justin

Quick Reply: New Member from New England