Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New member. Searching for 1st JK

Old 12-19-2018, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member. Searching for 1st JK

Joined the forum to learn more about the JK. More specifically the unlimited 4 door. Finally got the wife on board and that seems to be what she likes. I’m not going to argue. I get a Jeep lol.

Currently searching and constantly getting advice on what years to avoid because of issues. Most common the 3.8 v6. So here I am to learn more and ask questions and cruise the forum for answers.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Best advice is to buy something that is unmolested. Don't be seduced by a lifted JK as most of them are not lifted properly, or with quality components. Buy something in stock form and modify it if that is what you desire. If you do lift it, spend the money on quality parts. If you don't have the money, keep saving till you do. You can't do this stuff cheap.

Focus on '12+, '13+ if possible due to the 3.6L and updated seats. Pretty reliable vehicles in general, but we have crappy radiators, and no great replacement options. They tend to develop small pinhole leaks where the fins meet the plastic sides, typically on the driver's side. Although you are looking for a 4dr, know that the back seat is uncomfortable as all get out. Not sure if you have kids or not, but it's not suitable for adults IMO. The rear seat recline blocks help, but not dramatically. Just be aware you're not getting a 4dr sedan (obviously).

Quick Reply: New member. Searching for 1st JK