Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New Member w/ some issues

Old 01-18-2019, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New Member w/ some issues

Hows everyone doing?! I am new to the forum and seeking some answers and some advice. I had a Rubicon Express 3.5 inch lift with Fox 2.0 Resevoir shock installed on my '17 JKU Rubicon. I was wondering if there is anything that I need to worry about after getting this install. Kit # RE7145

Thanks in advance!

Izzy
Old 01-18-2019, 06:12 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

obviously those first couple posts were spam. you probably have low caster after the lift, which will translate in to less than ideal handling. i think that lift might come with cam bolts....hopefully they weren't used. also, depending on the actual lift achieved, you might be a candidate for a drag link flip kit. have you gotten an alignment yet? if so, post a picture of the alignment specs.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

As part of normal maintenance, crawl underneath and check for grease splatting out of the joint at the tcase end of the front drivehshaft.

Front: control arm brackets and a high steer kit.
Rear: cam bolts and a tracbar bracket.
Bumpstops.
Rear swaybar links. (stock rear links moved to the front?)
Brakeline brackets. (if you disconnect, verify that the lines have enough slack)

For what it is, the kit seems complete enough. Up to you to decide how it handles onroad and/or performs offroad.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
obviously those first couple posts were spam. you probably have low caster after the lift, which will translate in to less than ideal handling. i think that lift might come with cam bolts....hopefully they weren't used. also, depending on the actual lift achieved, you might be a candidate for a drag link flip kit. have you gotten an alignment yet? if so, post a picture of the alignment specs.
I did get the alignment. I’ll have to grab those specs for you. Hopefully they’ll be able to attain them since it’s been a couple days now. Also, cam bolts, I’ve seeb many many people say don’t use them. What’s another alternative? Why not use them since it’s with the suspension package.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by izzyf02
Also, cam bolts, I’ve seeb many many people say don’t use them. What’s another alternative? Why not use them since it’s with the suspension package.
Cam Bolts. Control arm drop Brackets. Longer lower and/or Shorter upper Fixed control arms. Lower and/or upper Adjustable control arms. Cut/Turn the housing itself. Aftermarket housing with built-in caster correction.

When cams are installed, the brackets they are attached to have to be notched out. If you choose to remove them, you need to do something about those larger holes before just slapping on new control arms.

What I posted was the contents of the kit you specified. Up front, you have control arm drop brackets to handle the caster and the control arm angles. In the rear, you have cam bolts to help with pinion angle. Leave the ca brackets alone, they'll do just fine. If you choose to pull the cam bolts - do an quick search on 'Cam Bolt Eliminator'. But since they are already installed, just leave it alone unless they slip.

Quick Reply: New Member w/ some issues