Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New from south FL

Old 04-18-2019, 11:02 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by DEJK2012
Looks pretty good, love that custom box you did. I assume it was for tools and other goodies.
Yes, that is a la Ronjenx's old design (can google ronjenx under floor storage). Multi-purpose in that 1) it provides a flat sleeping surface, and 2) it provides a secure place to store all trail tools while on a trip. We do a lot of quick overnight wheelin trips in which we'd wheel well in to the early morning hours, sleep a couple hours, then get up and roll again. Flat sleeping surface is priceless. The trunk is about 5.25" tall, and I'm able to get all of my tools in there. I'm usually topless/doorless when wheelin', so should we stop at someplace to eat, or spend a night in a hotel, I don't have to worry about theft. This one is version 2.0. I rebuild it when bedlining so that it would blend perfectly with the rest of the tub. Obviously plywood adds a little weight I'd rather not have in the jeep, but I didn't have the resources to make one out of aluminum. btw, that is just bolted down using the normal tie down ancher spots you have in the cargo area. One of the best mods I've done for my specific use.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Ya i bet. I have a 2D and was wanting to design and build something kind of like yours out of aluminum. There is a tool company called Teng tools and i have fallin in love with their organizing system. So i was going to have all the "kits" i would need for most things layed in it so they dont move and come loose and have a small area for recovery stuff. My biggest need is tool storage. I usually dont run with much else, but im always the guy that has most tools we would ever need without having to rig something lol.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:20 AM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Welcome... I would guess the textured look will be similar to powder coat... time intensive to get clean after the mud gets into all of the texture... but if your not washing it... that won't matter LOL!

Quick Reply: New from south FL