Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New to the Wrangler world, but not the Jeep world

Old 12-11-2016, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Wrangler world, but not the Jeep world

Hello everyone, as the title states I just bought myself a new 2 door '16 JK last yesterday and cant wait to take the delivery which should happen tomorrow or Tuesday (or so the dealership says :P) My first jeep was a '15 Cherokee and was what I wanted since I live in an area where you really do need a 4wd, and so I traded my '06 Mustang for the Cherokee Nov last year.

I didn't think i ever wanted to do any off-roading until about 4 months after I bought it and so I got to work on outfitting it with a custom 1.25" Lift kit, 30.5 General Grabber AT2s and a custom roof rack to accommodate for the larger tire since it doesn't fit in the spare tire compartment (I'll post some pictures below if anyone's interested. also cant find how to add spoilers) Soon I realized that I needed more, and the aftermarket support (though trying desperately to expand) was very limited and there would be no way to allow for more lift and bigger tires since the IRS and IFS just doesn't work with anything more that what I already had.

So the new JK will be just what I need to get what I want. Sadly I agreed with my girlfriend that I wont be doing any big modifications like lift kits and tires for 6-12 months, but that will get me more time to think about what I really want and the brands I want to go with. My plan so far is I want 37" tires and a 3-4.5" lift and I think I'll do just fine.

The old lady wants to get a wrangler at some point as well so It'll be fun to do it together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1RvcRZHl.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	679217

PS. Also noticed that this should have been in the "New Member Registry" but just like I tend to do, I didn't see it till now.

Last edited by A G P; 12-11-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moved to new member registry... Welcome to the forum!! Look forward to seeing your pics and reading your posts!!
Old 12-11-2016, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Moved to new member registry... Welcome to the forum!! Look forward to seeing your pics and reading your posts!!
Thanks Glad to be here and ready to make a name for myself here.

Quick Reply: New to the Wrangler world, but not the Jeep world