Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Newb from NC!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb from NC!

Hi guys,
Just wanted to say hello. I've been lurking for a couple weeks now and thought I would introduce myself, name's David, I'm from Wilmington NC. I bought a flame red rubicon 2dr. on 12/29. It's my first Jeep and I'm lovin' it! I've always wanted a jeep. Ever since I was a kid and now that I have one I feel like a kid all over again!
This thing is awesome! I've had it offroad a couple of times so far to check out the lockers and sway bar disconnects and although I know I'll get it stuck eventually it seems unstoppable! We have mostly sand around here with a few hill climbs here and there along with some mudpits, but I plan on a trip to Uwharrie National Forest as soon as it opens back up in the spring to see what she's really made of!
I got the automatic, dual tops and power convenience group and remote star is being installed tomorrow.
I've already picked up quite a bit of good info from this forum and look forward to being a part of the jeep community!
Next come the mods, I'm just not sure where I want to start. I'm thinking safety first, front roll cage, skid plates etc. I will post pics as soon as I get the chance to take some!
One other thing, I drove it from NC to NJ 2 days after I got it and I'm amazed at how well it rides for what it is! (short wheelbase and all)

David
Old 01-09-2008, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forums
Old 01-09-2008, 02:40 PM
JK Jedi Master

Welcome to JK-Forum David.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Carolina Beach was always fun to run. I lived there for a couple of years and loved it. Best surf I every got to experience on the East Coast.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, I am down here in Southport, about 30 minutes outside of Wilm. We are planning to hit Uwharrie in April, when it opens. Til then, you should get up with me to do some wheelin around here. I have no JK buds around here to help show what they are capable of.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caleb
Welcome, I am down here in Southport, about 30 minutes outside of Wilm. We are planning to hit Uwharrie in April, when it opens. Til then, you should get up with me to do some wheelin around here. I have no JK buds around here to help show what they are capable of.
Thanks! I can hardly wait for Uwharrie to open up! I make it down to Southport once in a while. I'll pm you next time I'm headed that way. Are there some good "wheelin" places to go down there?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LGNDLIVS
Are there some good "wheelin" places to go down there?

In short, no. There is the occasional mud hole and some of my buddies know a place I haven't been to let with some hills and logs to climb though. I work here at Southport Motorcars though right on Howe St. If you're ever this way stop on by.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caleb
In short, no. There is the occasional mud hole and some of my buddies know a place I haven't been to let with some hills and logs to climb though. I work here at Southport Motorcars though right on Howe St. If you're ever this way stop on by.
Will do! There's a place with some mudholes and hill climbs outside of Wilmington that seems to pretty popular lately! Other than that there's not much!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LiquidSmile
I thought there was a little wheeling spot off of military cutoff
I don't know that one!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LGNDLIVS
I don't know that one!
Yeah, me neither. I'll have to go check that out.

Quick Reply: Newb from NC!