Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

opinion of my new JK

Old 12-11-2006, 01:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinion of my new JK

Well I've owned it nearly a week now. So I think I've given it ample time to prove itself...for the most part. And just for comparison reasons here's the rundown on my JK

X Model-C Package 2door
6spd
Jeep Green
Hardtop
Gray Interior
Tow Package w/ Dana44, 4:10's, ect.

Everything else, radio, wheels ect. stock.

It drives better than any Jeep I've ever owned, test drove ect. I had a 1979 CJ-7 before hand with 304/TH400. Other than the V-8 having killer power and the 31's...and throaty exhaust of course. I would have to say my JK is my favorite.

Good power, awesome on the highway/interstates, quiet ride, Radio is...ok. I can see that changing later down the road. I wish the Factory had offered some 3:73 gears for these things instead of really low 4:10's or really high 3:21's. Leave it to Chrysler to at least screw one thing up... a little steep RPM's on the interstate at 65-70MPH than I would like but like I said it was either power or highway gears. I opted for power and the 6 speed. Only mods I can see happening in the very near future is a set of nerf bars...the sides just look naked. Other than that...eventually it will get brushguard, Tuffy console, lightbar, highlift mount ect...oh and don't forget wheels/tires once the factory crappy ones wear out. I'm on a budget so my buildup will be over time. Anyway, hope everybody is enjoying their JK as much as I am!!!

Oh, side note...anybody heard anything on the hardtops being on hold or something about the factory running out of hardtops? My dealer said they had a bunch of orders on hold cause of that....:confused:
Old 12-11-2006, 06:10 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, we'd being enjoying ours if we actually had ours As far as the hardtops go, yes, they are what's holding things up. But, I'm glad to hear you got yours

Pics anyone?

Quick Reply: opinion of my new JK