Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Proud new owner

Old 10-21-2016, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new owner

Hello all from south Arkansas! I just got my 2008 JK Unlimited as my first ever Jeep! Avid modder and looking forward to seeing what you all do! If anyone has suggestions I am looking for fairly simple mods like lighting, audio, and little exterior mods.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Congrats on the new Jeep and welcome to the forum!

For easy lighting mods...I hated the OEM headlights on my 2015, they were very poor, especially if it was raining.
I just upgraded headlights and fog lights to LEDs from XPrite and absolutely love them. The difference is (excuse the pun) night and day!
Old 10-21-2016, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to JK-Forum and get that think out on those great Ozark trails!
Old 10-21-2016, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

J-ust
E-mpty
E-very
P-ocket

Welcome!!!
Old 10-21-2016, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

For under $200 you could add a 50 in led light bar, they are extremely bright, ive seen the light bar on amazon for 50 and the windshield hinge brackets for about 100.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome, defiantly recommend a headlight upgrade stock lights are terrible. Cool cheap/easy mods I have done an would recommend would be grab handles (come in more handy than you think getting in and out); as far as sound goes you can really improve the stock system by filling the sound-bar and rear sub box with pollyfill (pillow stuffing). I also have some rubber floor mats that where not supper expensive and save my carpet from getting ruined. Welcome to the forum and the lifestyle enjoy your new money pit!
Old 10-21-2016, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Whats the specs on your jeep? Do you have any pre-modification pictures? We love pictures on this thread!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ShawnNoble
Whats the specs on your jeep? Do you have any pre-modification pictures? We love pictures on this thread!
I will post pictures soon. I have not done anything but I first plan to redo the audio. Soon will be ordering Polk audio component for front, polk coaxial speakers for sound bar, and Rockford Fosgate shallow mount 10" subwoofer. Along with a Rockford Fosgate amp for the speakers and one for the subwoofer! I have seen a thread but cannot find it. I am wanting to put the sub under the passenger seat but cant find the box or possible steps to build the box

Quick Reply: Proud new owner