Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Safari Style Roof Rack system build. Looking for specs

Old 03-07-2015, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safari Style Roof Rack system build. Looking for specs

Hey all! I am new to the forum and Jeeps in General I am starting to do some upgrades and have a full shop to do whatever I want. My first project is to build a Safari Style Roof Rack system. I have a 09 4 door Rubicon with a hard top. (soft top on the way too) I want to build my own rack system, but thought I would ask if anyone had specs for a system already that they could share. I want it to cover the full roof, and fold back to the rear to be able to remove the hard top with out having to un-bolt the whole roof rack. just looking for some ideas. Any help is appreciated!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:50 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rayc09JK
Hey all! I am new to the forum and Jeeps in General I am starting to do some upgrades and have a full shop to do whatever I want. My first project is to build a Safari Style Roof Rack system. I have a 09 4 door Rubicon with a hard top. (soft top on the way too) I want to build my own rack system, but thought I would ask if anyone had specs for a system already that they could share. I want it to cover the full roof, and fold back to the rear to be able to remove the hard top with out having to un-bolt the whole roof rack. just looking for some ideas. Any help is appreciated!
Welcome!

If you're really into the "expedition" thing, you can try this thread here and maybe get some ideas...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...see-em-181613/

Otherwise, I'd highly recommend checking out the rigs at "Expedition Portal"
Old 03-07-2015, 07:53 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also check out "Gobi" and "LOD" roof rack systems... there are others but this should be a good start

Quick Reply: Safari Style Roof Rack system build. Looking for specs