Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Second Thoughts - The Drive Home

Old 12-09-2006, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second Thoughts - The Drive Home

So I finally found the Jeep JK that fit the bill, White Unlimited 4x4 auto, hardtop, 24s, power package... The only options it didn't have were Limited Slip, and Tow package.... the only problem was, it was 400 miles away. They didn't really want to release it to a local dealer.... so I drove up and bought it anyway, financed it through my credit union at a lower rate than Chrysler Financial, and got a free iPod nano in Pink for the girl for christmas in the process

So after the drive, finally picking it up was a breeze... This was the first long excursion with a JK. Having driven a YJ and TJ in the past, I at the least expected the JK to perform beyond its predecessors. I will go through a few categories and give my thoughts on each.

Exterior - First thoughts are great, getting nitpicky with it, the front end being lower than the rear is somewhat of an eyesore, at least for me. 16" wheels are too small for the body size of the vehicle. The foglights being farther inward than the headlights is somewhat odd also.

Comfort - the ride miles ahead of YJ and TJ, and is immediately notable... drives great, good turning radius, even for such a long vehicle. Just as quiet, if not quieter than my 02 Explorer. seats are comfortable. glad to see Jeep finally add power package as a plausible option.

Audio - at first i was unimpressed, while listening to FM... stuck in a CD and was satisfied considering it was the standard audio system. Not that it much matters since I have a Alpine flipout touch screen DVD and boston acoustics pro components going in. Havent decided on sub(s).

Quality - again im impressed... so much better than previous wranglers... finally becoming something thats feasible to own.

I'll think of more later, but this is what comes to mind after driving pretty much 12 hours straight.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

I also had a long drive to pick my Jk. It was worth every mile and much enjoyable on the return trip. Congrats on your purchase.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh yeah...

19.8 MPG was observed on the first full tank (actual, not what the guage said).

I need to figure out something for step bars, or rock rails cause it looks naked with nothing lining the bottom sills of the doors/body tub...

Last edited by OJMiles; 12-09-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Smile

Congrats on the new JK. Papabear

Quick Reply: Second Thoughts - The Drive Home