Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Thanks To JK-Forum!!!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks To JK-Forum!!!

Hey Gents,

I was lucky enough to find just what I was after at the dealership last Saturday, struck a deal, and will be taking delivery of my 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition this coming Saturday. Since I found the car two days ago I have been searching all over the place for the parts I wanted and kept ending up back on this forum for the advice and vast knowledge of the JK owners on this forum. Thanks to all of your input I think I will be more than happy with all of my purchases.

In the next couple days I will be receiving a few orders from Quadratec. Here is a list of what I ordered and will follow up on Saturday with photos of all of my installations in progress/completed.

-Banks Power Stainless Steel Monster Exhaust
-Banks Power Ram-Air Cold Air Intake
-KC HiLiTE SlimLight 130w Fog Lights
-Windshield Mounting Bracket for Fog Lights
-Quadratec/Kicker Sound Bar Speaker Upgrade
-Mopar/Kicker In-Dash 6.5" speaker upgrade
-Hurst Brushed Aluminum T-Shape Shift Knob

Thanks again for all of the advice/experience I found on this forum, I look forward to contributing and benefiting from this great community.

***Currently Looking For Suggestions On The Best Performance Chip Upgrade For The 3.6L!!!!!***
Any Suggestions Appreciated!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	432831  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new Jeep
Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 PM
JK Newbie

Welcome to the community. This is a great site that can help you a lot. This site will give you advice in any problem that you've encountered and you can also share with us some of your ideas.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Congrats on the new JK...What i would suggest on motor upgrade...
Aiarid intake gives it a little grunt - Diablosport Programmer noticeable diiference...
Old 03-12-2013, 02:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy cow! Can you give me some of your money?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tribulation138
Holy cow! Can you give me some of your money?
X2. Lol

Welcome to the forum, congrats on jeep.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina.

I would suggest you drive it 1K miles and then decide if you need a programmer. The 3.6 is a little peppier than the 3.8. You may be able to divert tha t money to lift, tires and wheels!!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DoorsAre4Quitters
Hey Gents,

I was lucky enough to find just what I was after at the dealership last Saturday, struck a deal, and will be taking delivery of my 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition this coming Saturday. Since I found the car two days ago I have been searching all over the place for the parts I wanted and kept ending up back on this forum for the advice and vast knowledge of the JK owners on this forum. Thanks to all of your input I think I will be more than happy with all of my purchases.

In the next couple days I will be receiving a few orders from Quadratec. Here is a list of what I ordered and will follow up on Saturday with photos of all of my installations in progress/completed.

-Banks Power Stainless Steel Monster Exhaust
-Banks Power Ram-Air Cold Air Intake
-KC HiLiTE SlimLight 130w Fog Lights
-Windshield Mounting Bracket for Fog Lights
-Quadratec/Kicker Sound Bar Speaker Upgrade
-Mopar/Kicker In-Dash 6.5" speaker upgrade
-Hurst Brushed Aluminum T-Shape Shift Knob

Thanks again for all of the advice/experience I found on this forum, I look forward to contributing and benefiting from this great community.

***Currently Looking For Suggestions On The Best Performance Chip Upgrade For The 3.6L!!!!!***
Any Suggestions Appreciated!!!
Pssst (whispering) people around here don't like the "C" word. It's a jeep not a car.. Lol. Enjoy the new jeep.. It's thee best 4x4 I've ever owned and will always own one from now on. :jeep wave:
Old 03-12-2013, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

X2 . . . . After 1,200-1,500 miles my engine started to perform better.
Personally I would wait on the performance mods at least a couple of thousand miles just in case you start having any powertrain issues on your new jeep, you wouldn't wanna void your warranty or give Chrysler any reason to hassle you on a repair. It happened to me after 2,000 miles or so I had the engine ticking, luckily I hadn't put on any performance mods that would be a question to my engine problems and have any repairs denied . . . .just my

Congrats on the new Jeep !
Old 03-12-2013, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on the Jeep. My wife has a 2013 freedom in white the thing looks pretty cool stock but I won't leave it alone for long. Also everyone on here is really helpful and more than willing to share their experiences with you

Quick Reply: Thanks To JK-Forum!!!