JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   The New Member Registry (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/)
-   -   Well guys I finally bit the bullet on the Rubicon Unlimited (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/well-guys-i-finally-bit-bullet-rubicon-unlimited-333305/)

Muddywaters 04-29-2016 01:42 PM

Well guys I finally bit the bullet on the Rubicon Unlimited

After searching and doing research I'm finally picking up my 4 door Rubicon Unlimited tomorrow morning. I purchased a Granite Crystal Clear, auto, hardtop and will be doing stuff to it little by little. It will be my daily driver for now until I get the itch to start wanting to get bigger tires, lift, etc. etc. I'll post up some pics of it tomorrow. :thumbsup::beer:

14Sport 04-29-2016 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddywaters (Post 4212292)
After searching and doing research I'm finally picking up my 4 door Rubicon Unlimited tomorrow morning. I purchased a Granite Crystal Clear, auto, hardtop and will be doing stuff to it little by little. It will be my daily driver for now until I get the itch to start wanting to get bigger tires, lift, etc. etc. I'll post up some pics of it tomorrow. :thumbsup::beer:

That's awesome! You are going to love it. Can't wait to see the pics of what is pretty much to me a blank canvas. Take it slow. Wheel it if that is the plan. And make upgrades as you need them. It's a journey. Savor it. :beer:

Muddywaters 04-29-2016 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by 14Sport (Post 4212299)
That's awesome! You are going to love it. Can't wait to see the pics of what is pretty much to me a blank canvas. Take it slow. Wheel it if that is the plan. And make upgrades as you need them. It's a journey. Savor it. :beer:

Thanks 14sport, I plan I using it stock for now and getting use to it and it's capabilities and build it up slow, it's going to be a fun project though. I use to have a 92YJ that had 35s Super Swampers, 4" Procomp lift, 3" body lift when I use to live in Miami we use to hit 8st a lot and the and big cypress. Now I need to get familiar with the central Florida area and see what ares I can hit to try it out. :thumbsup:

jedg 04-29-2016 04:09 PM

Welcome and congratulations! Drive that thing like you're sponsored!

14Sport 04-29-2016 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddywaters (Post 4212333)
Thanks JK junkie, I plan I using it stock for now and getting use to it and it's capabilities and build it up slow, it's going to be a fun project though. I use to have a 92YJ that had 35s Super Swampers, 4" Procomp lift, 3" body lift when I use to live in Miami we use to hit 8st a lot and the and big cypress. Now I need to get familiar with the central Florida area and see what ares I can hit to try it out. :thumbsup:

Haha...so you're a pro. The jk is much more capable than your YJ. I have a '95 and a '14. While the YJ is more fun to drive IMO, the JK will out perform it on the trail.

jedg 04-29-2016 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by 14Sport (Post 4212339)
Haha...so you're a pro. The jk is much more capable than your YJ. I have a '95 and a '14. While the YJ is more fun to drive IMO, the JK will out perform it on the trail.

Funny you say that. We have a 95, 97, 11, and a 16. Both my wife and I agree that the YJ is the most fun to drive.

14Sport 04-29-2016 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by jedg (Post 4212340)
Funny you say that. We have a 95, 97, 11, and a 16. Both my wife and I agree that the YJ is the most fun to drive.

:thumbsup:

Muddywaters 04-29-2016 07:40 PM

I got to agree on the yj, I had fun times driving that jeep and use to run it hard and it held like a champ. I can't wait for tomorrow to get the JKU and start getting familiar with it. Any of you guys live up in the central Florida area that know about some good area to play at.

Thanks Jedg I plan on it.

wrmiller 04-30-2016 10:05 AM

Very nice choice! Especially since I just recently purchased a 2016 unlimited rubi, in granite also. Only difference is mine is a manual. :clap::thumbsup:

Bill

Striperri 04-30-2016 10:21 AM

Perfect. Color. Wish they had it last year when I got mine.