Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

How long until they unveil the JL?

Old 01-11-2017, 05:39 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
I just read in "Auto Blog" that Ford is definitely bringing back the Bronco nameplate ; it will debut in 2020, built on the Ranger platform, coming in 2019
The Jeep Pick Up, on the JL chassis, is slated for 2020, as is the Grand Wagoneer.
Interesting article, with pix, on the Bronco, looks like non-removable hard top.
The JL , and pick up are teaser Spy shots, showing and describing changes to the JL from the JK.
I was looking at the Bronco news as well. Really liked this as it brought back the old classic look -

Click image for larger version

Name:	bronco rendering.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	664333

Then ran across this and it seems a lot more realistic -

Click image for larger version

Name:	bronco rendering2.jpeg
Views:	515
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	664334

I wonder in general how a revived Bronco will do. Seems that a 2-door vehicle just doesn't fit most peoples' lifestyle these days......and they opt for 4-doors just due to functionality. Might just be a niche market. I'm surprised the Ranger platform has been MIA for so long.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would say with some confidence that the Wrangler is going to stay the only 2 door SUV in the North American Market. The only other 2 door off-roaders in production are the Suzuki Jimny and Troller T4. Ford won't pay to update the T4 for the US emissions and safety and Suzuki bowed out in 2012.

With that being said, the Troller T4 is an SUV based on the Global Ranger platform. If Ford does decide to make a 4 door Ranger based SUV, the T4 is a good example of what it could be.

I'm really hoping for either the New York Auto show or the Easter Jeep Safari for the JL reveal.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read an article that stated the ranger will be a crew and extended cabs only and the bronco 4 door only. Showed pic of the truck & SUV being sold overseas. Stayed the US version will be pretty close to it in styling, just with some slight body and interior changes, plus the changes to meet US standards
Old 01-12-2017, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
I just read in "Auto Blog" The Jeep Pick Up, on the JL chassis, is slated for 2020, as is the Grand Wagoneer. Interesting article,
I thought the JL comes out in the fall of 2017 and the JT comes out the fall 2018. Would not be surprised to bring the JT out in Jan/Feb 2019 as a 2020, which is allowed. Then what you said makes sense.

Last edited by OverKill; 01-12-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

too bad this is the new Bronco. most of the google images are fan art shots not concepts. the next Bronco is only a next gen Ranger with a suv rear. could have been great tho
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2854679562.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	366.3 KB
ID:	665027  
Old 01-20-2017, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by budtest
too bad this is the new Bronco. most of the google images are fan art shots not concepts. the next Bronco is only a next gen Ranger with a suv rear. could have been great tho
Is not awful. But it's not nearly as cool as the fan renderings. But they all look the same these days. There's really nothing that distinguishes a Rover from a 4Runner from an Escape. They all kinda look like rounded off mini-vans.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by budtest
Bronco in name only. That is another cookie cutter, lost in the crowd, low slung, independent suspension, family turd wagon. What a waste of a good build up. They could have went back to the roots of the Bronco and built something that would (again) go down in history. But instead... we get this.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larry0071
Bronco in name only. That is another cookie cutter, lost in the crowd, low slung, independent suspension, family turd wagon. What a waste of a good build up. They could have went back to the roots of the Bronco and built something that would (again) go down in history. But instead... we get this.
Yahtzee!
Old 01-20-2017, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only "Real Jeep" from 1941 to the present JK , is instantly recognized, in every country, no second guessing needed.
I have every hope the upcoming JL will continue that Tradition.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to the Toledo Blade, which quotes the head of FCA, Sergio Marchionne, the JL won't be unveiled until November 2017 . It will be available at Dealers starting January 2018. Production will run concurrently with the JK , then switch to JL .
Although he calls the JL a "car", he says it will solve all the problems of the JK, and be as capable off road. Several engine choices, "superior" fuel economy.

Quick Reply: How long until they unveil the JL?