Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Can my stock Rubicon handle Gold Lake Trail?

Old 05-21-2015, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The snake lake trail is very short, and from whay i recall, there's only a couple little drops (or climbs on way out). Probably not something a 4runner would want to do, but I think you'll be able to.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:04 AM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be up in that area wheelin' this holiday weekend. If we run Snake Lake which is on our list, will take some pictures and post them so you can get an idea of what the trail is like.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

That would be amazing! Thanks for the help!

Originally Posted by ade
Will be up in that area wheelin' this holiday weekend. If we run Snake Lake which is on our list, will take some pictures and post them so you can get an idea of what the trail is like.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Also, when you guys wheel up there, do you disconnect the sway bar? I have never really off-roaded anywhere where it is necessary. I figure I will have to air down to about 15 psi. Didn't know about lockers or the sway bar though. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2015, 03:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LeftCoastTeufel
Also, when you guys wheel up there, do you disconnect the sway bar? I have never really off-roaded anywhere where it is necessary. I figure I will have to air down to about 15 psi. Didn't know about lockers or the sway bar though. Thanks!
actually anytime it is bumpy with undulations on trails it will be much more comfortable for the passengers with the sway bar disconnected.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:37 PM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LeftCoastTeufel
I always air down and disconnect, locks only when needed.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

You'll be fine. I went up a few years back in a stock Chevy pickup an had no problem. Little tight in some areas but would be no problem for the Jeep. It also wasn't a big snow year from what I'm hearing so that shouldn't hold you back. I've been up there and had problems just because of too much snow on the trails. Have fun! Beautiful area!
Old 05-26-2015, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ade
Ade,
Did you guys wind up running Snake Trail? Any recommendations for must-sees while we are up there?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-26-2015, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a pic of the only rough spot in encountered going down, and back up from Snake Lake...really not bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140712_171959.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	612407

Quick Reply: Can my stock Rubicon handle Gold Lake Trail?