Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Great gear shop by Modesto!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Great gear shop by Modesto!

Got to put a plug in for a great gear shop in Riverbank, CA. "The Rearend Shop" treated me great, super install of my 5.38s in one afternoon. $1260 out the door which was the best around here!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKZinger
Got to put a plug in for a great gear shop in Riverbank, CA. "The Rearend Shop" treated me great, super install of my 5.38s in one afternoon. $1260 out the door which was the best around here!
congrats on the new gears. are you planning 37's soon? that really is a good price.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jtjk

congrats on the new gears. are you planning 37's soon? that really is a good price.
Yes I am going to get 37s and coil overs.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKZinger

Yes I am going to get 37s and coil overs.
When's the install party?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Pjohn

When's the install party?
As soon as EVO releases the new coil overs for sale!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the recomendation, just talked to "The Rearend Shop" today. They are going to install 4.88's, a Detroit locker and new shafts in the rear. Plus a Trutrac and gussets for the front on friday. Hoping to break in enough to try it out memorial weekend. The guy I spoke with said shouldn't be a problem, just don't let them get hot from extended highway miles. Wheeling should be OK. Can't wait to turn the Jeep back into a 6 speed, it's like a 4 speed now.

Last edited by jsj4raiders; 05-15-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jsj4raiders
Thanks for the recomendation, just talked to "The Rearend Shop" today. They are going to install 4.88's, a Detroit locker and new shafts in the rear. Plus a Trutrac and gussets for the front on friday. Hoping to break in enough to try it out memorial weekend. The guy I spoke with said shouldn't be a problem, just don't let them get hot from extended highway miles. Wheeling should be OK. Can't wait to turn the Jeep back into a 6 speed, it's like a 4 speed now.
Good deal! I have had zero issues with my 5.38s they put in. No gear whine or anything. They even put new bearings in the rearend of my 10 year old Grand Cherokee the day after they put in my Rubi gears. No issues with that install either.

Didn't know they welded in gussets. Good to know.

We have a Slickrock run/Camping trip posted up in this forum for that weekend if you are interested.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dropped Jeep off this morning, will pick up at 5pm. Unfortunately have to head straight to work, not much time to check them out. Will talk to the guy again about break in procedure and if wheeling is OK. Would love to head up to Slickrock for memorial if i can work it out.

Last edited by jsj4raiders; 05-18-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

How did The new gears feel? I am loving my 5.38s!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really like the new gears, 4.88's on 35's. I now have a six speed Jeep. May be slightly over geared but thats fine with me. The Detroit locker in back and having the Trutrac up front make handling a little quirky to say the least. Already getting used to them. I put 25 miles or so on them today. Just driving through neighborhoods and back roads. The C's didn't get the gusset welded on though, not thrilled about that. The guy said it didn't come in or something. Didn't sound like he do it to at a later date. So little hesitant about wheeling until that is done. Although I did do fair amount of Niagara last summer, not the Rock Pile obviously, and don't think I bent anything. Any suggestions about where to have gussets welded on? Or can I get away with doing Slickrock without the gussets if carefull?

Quick Reply: Great gear shop by Modesto!