JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   NorCal (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/norcal-77/)
-   -   Late September Ride? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/norcal-77/late-september-ride-53577/)

SpinningBull 09-03-2008 11:30 PM

Late September Ride?

Hey guys! Sorry I missed you guys over the past few weeks. Sounds like you've been having fun.

We just got back from the High-sierra poker run. Bald Mountain was a blast, but I got rejected from the Swamp Lake Trail. So...

Now I've got the wife's permission to "replace those wimpy tires and get some gears on that thing!" :thumbsup:

YAY! :ya:

So, over the next few weeks, I'm getting my KM2 35's, Gibson CAT-back, hypertech, 4.88 gears and an ARB air locker. :clap:

I need to get out and trail test the rig, who's with me?

Hollister would be easy - or maybe a weekend up in the Sierras? Let me know. It would be fun to wheel with you all again.

t

MBATF 09-04-2008 08:44 AM

HH won't be a bad choice to break in those gear you are getting.

Noticed that you are in the Bay area. :) What city are you in?

Dizzyliz 09-04-2008 09:11 AM

Nice to see you again

If I have my new set up, I am game if you come up to my neck of the woods.

Signal Peak is a fun run.
So is Slickrock.

07crawler 09-04-2008 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by SpinningBull (Post 669993)
Hey guys! Sorry I missed you guys over the past few weeks. Sounds like you've been having fun.

We just got back from the High-sierra poker run. Bald Mountain was a blast, but I got rejected from the Swamp Lake Trail. So...

Now I've got the wife's permission to "replace those wimpy tires and get some gears on that thing!" :thumbsup:

So, over the next few weeks, I'm getting my KM2 35's, Gibson CAT-back, hypertech, 4.88 gears and an ARB air locker. :clap:

Hollister would be easy - or maybe a weekend up in the Sierras? Let me know. It would be fun to wheel with you all again.

t

Spinning bull, I do Bald Mtn all the time..it is pretty fun for a day trip..awesome views agree? I too have to change some things before I do Swamp..supposed to be tough...probably going to Bald Mtn this Sunday when the grandparents leave...:ya:

jeepsanddrums 09-04-2008 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by SpinningBull (Post 669993)

t

I'm thinking about running Swamp Lake in October. If people are interested let me know.

SpinningBull 09-04-2008 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by MBATF (Post 670543)
HH won't be a bad choice to break in those gear you are getting.

Noticed that you are in the Bay area. :) What city are you in?

I'm in Los Gatos. Beautiful mountains behind me, with no trails to ride on!

Fantastic location for riding my bike, bummer location for 4 wheeling!

kidjeep 09-07-2008 11:01 AM

I'm actually off call the weekend of the 27th and 28th, but probably doing something non-offroad related.:dontknow2:

SpinningBull 09-12-2008 12:02 PM

Hollister on Sunday?

Got the rig back, and have to shake it out. Anyone up for a run on Sunday?

I need to break in the rings, but should be done tomorrow. Then it's time to shake out the system! :ya:

New muffler sounds awesome!

kidjeep 09-12-2008 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by SpinningBull (Post 683972)
Got the rig back, and have to shake it out. Anyone up for a run on Sunday?

I need to break in the rings, but should be done tomorrow. Then it's time to shake out the system! :ya:

New muffler sounds awesome!

Just noticed you have an ARB front locker?:thinking:

Didn't know they were available for the D30(unless you upgraded to D44 or something)

spartan99 09-12-2008 06:57 PM

Just found this section of the site. Prett cool! If you're still trying to plan something for late September I'm interested. I live in Cupertino.