Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Parking in SF

Old 07-15-2017, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking in SF

Need some advice. I will be visiting SF for a day and need a good place to park my Jeep for the day. Valet, hotel, etc, I need a place where it will be safe for a whole day.

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

No one has any info for San Fran? Wanting to visit all the touristy crap in downtown. I guess I'll wing it and hope to find a decent place that will keep my rig safe.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:17 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

If it were me, I'd probably pick a nice hotel and drop it at the valet there. Everything in SF is accessible by public transport. At least that way you'd know it was safe for the day. Not sure how they feel about general public doing that, but you can easily feign that you are meeting one of the hotel guests at a restaurant inside for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.....go inside for a few minutes and leave out a side door.

Not from that area, but been before, and that is what I would aim to do.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lived in SF for 14 years, back when I lived there I didn't have a jeep I had a BMW. If I had to drive downtown I always made sure to valet or park in a parking structure. Some of the spaces are small not sure if you are lifted or not but parking in some structures might be tight for you. My advice would be to valet at whatever hotel you are staying in. Like "resharp001" mentioned public transit in SF is a good option. You can get to most places around the downtown area in subway or trolly train. Good Luck
Old 07-26-2017, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I searched some public parking garages, but found that quite a few of them are plagued with cars getting broken into.

I'm hoping to find a good place that will valet it where it will be relatively safe. Hopefully I'll find one with limited access to the general public.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe try to find a BART station that has daily parking available.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Run2Ga
Maybe try to find a BART station that has daily parking available.
Almost all BART stations have parking. I would not recommend leaving the vehicle there. My friend had her car broken into 3 times while parking at BART.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SF_E60
Almost all BART stations have parking. I would not recommend leaving the vehicle there. My friend had her car broken into 3 times while parking at BART.
Yea that's a deal breaker. LOL! A broken window is one thing. But we will be 2 Jeeps full of gear.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Fly in for a visit and use public transportation if you are going to stay in the city. Traffic is terrible and parking will cost you an arm and a leg.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Fly in for a visit and use public transportation if you are going to stay in the city. Traffic is terrible and parking will cost you an arm and a leg.
We are passing through. SF is just a quick stop on our road trip and we were wanting to spend a day there.

Quick Reply: Parking in SF