Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Reputable re-gear shop around Modesto area

Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reputable re-gear shop around Modesto area

Can someone point me in the right direction to the thread about local shops? I could have sworn there was a separate section for researching repair shops. Re-gear funds have reached their goal and it's time to pull the trigger. Two shops that come to mind are Kyles Jeep in Modesto and the Rear End shop in Riverbank.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

I re-geared at the Rear End Shop in Riverbank and would definitely recommend them. Price was in line with what I had heard, they know Jeeps and gearing is what they do.

Stay away from Kyles.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ragnarok_jku
I re-geared at the Rear End Shop in Riverbank and would definitely recommend them. Price was in line with what I had heard, they know Jeeps and gearing is what they do.

Stay away from Kyles.
Sorry lost my PC and was offline for a while... Do you remember what brand gears they used on yours? Happy with them so far? How long did the install take?

Thanks
Old 03-12-2018, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cloddhopper
Sorry lost my PC and was offline for a while... Do you remember what brand gears they used on yours? Happy with them so far? How long did the install take?

Thanks
I had purchased my gears through Northridge 4x4 and brought them with me to The Rear End Shop (let them know ahead of time I'd be bringing my own gears). I went with Yukon gears and I believe that's what The Rear End Shop carries and installs as well. Very happy with them so far. I've been wheeling and daily driving them for the past year and they looked great they other day when I had the diff covers off and was doing my gear oil change. They had my front and rear gears installed in one day. Dropped if off early in the morning and picked it up that night. Probably just depends on how busy they are.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Aha... good to hear. I didn't know if they warrantied other gear sets not purchased through them. But if they stock Yukon's then that's what I was going to use regardless. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I also used The Rear End Shop a few months ago. I was there at 8:00AM and they had me out by 1:00 PM. No issues, but I did not ask what brand they used. I only moved up to 4.56, as I’m running 35’s and only wanted to match (approx) the stock feel with the factory Rubicon tires on 4.10’s.

Quick Reply: Reputable re-gear shop around Modesto area