Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Beadlock balancin???

Old 09-08-2017, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beadlock balancin???

Hey - where do you guys get your BL's balanced? I've been getting the run around all weeks with discount tire and les schwab.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:55 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Most shops won't balance a bead lock wheel. You might find a small local tire shop to do it or use balancing beads.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Most shops won't balance a bead lock wheel. You might find a small local tire shop to do it or use balancing beads.
I think I'll have to find an off-road shop maybe. I used beads before and I really didn't like them - never got them quite balanced. Found a shop to roadforce balance them last time and it seemed to work fine. Never had a shimmy after that. They're weeks out tho.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My discount tire in South Tucson balances mine
Old 09-09-2017, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a Les Schwab that does it near Sacramento. It seems to be manager's discretion on whether they'll do it or not. Probably helps that the manager at the one is a Jeeper.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take mine to Discount Tire in Redmond. Joe, the manager and his team, is great there. They don't install or uninstall the beadlock rings, of course. I uninstall the ring, drive the wheels over in a truck, have them mount new tires, reinstall my rings, and take them back to Discount Tire for balancing. They don't have a problem balancing them when I haul them in not on my vehicle. Give Joe a call and tell him the Northwest Jeepcast sent ya.

Quick Reply: Beadlock balancin???