JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Northwest (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/northwest-50/)
-   -   JK Forum Run?? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/northwest-50/jk-forum-run-342505/)

mdash 06-08-2017 03:18 PM

JK Forum Run??

Curious now that we're coming into spring/summer wheeling if anyone would be interested if I put together a JKF specific run? I've PM'd a few people that have mentioned they would like to go on a run sometime, so I thought I'd see if I could get the discussion going. I'd be curious who is interested, what difficulty level you're comfortable with, day of the week, etc. For me, it would have to be on a Saturday or a Sunday. Difficulty level does not matter, I'm open to doing something easy, just for fun, or we can do the hardest thing we can find. Whatever you all want to do. Let me know. If we need to do a newb run, I'm fine with that too.

SnoopyMutant 06-09-2017 09:17 AM

I am game. Saturday or Sunday would be required for me.

Some ideas:
New trails at Tahuya
Fortune Creek and beyond
Liberty
Walker
Naches

No reiter or sadie creek for me

sea bass 06-10-2017 07:35 AM

I think it would be fun to do something different. Like Liberty or something.

DEZ JK 06-11-2017 06:05 AM

I would be interested in some runs and don't forgot about Evans Creek.

mdash 06-12-2017 08:12 AM

I'm liking the suggestions so far. I've been to Walker before, but not enough that I'm comfortable leading a group. I could easily do Evans, Naches and Liberty. I do want to check out the new stuff at Tahuya at some point. I'm gonna see how much more interest we get over the next few weeks. ***edited to remove the date since it now will not work***

SnoopyMutant 06-13-2017 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by mdash (Post 4295302)
I'm liking the suggestions so far. I've been to Walker before, but not enough that I'm comfortable leading a group. I could easily do Evans, Naches and Liberty. I do want to check out the new stuff at Tahuya at some point. I'm gonna see how much more interest we get over the next few weeks. I'm thinking we do this Saturday July 15th. That would give us a month to figure out where.

The 15th is when the NWJK/NWJeepCast BBQ is tentatively scheduled, also at Liberty.

mdash 06-13-2017 11:08 AM

Saw that this morning too. We can shoot for another weekend. I may have a scheduling conflict now for the 15th anyway.

ThirteenthCurve 06-14-2017 05:50 AM

I would be interested in jumping on one of these trips if it gets scheduled.

I am planning on heading to Naches/Moon Rocks this Friday night after work(6/16 around 7pm departure, maybe earlier). Haven't been over there so this will be a random exploring trip for me. Just saw this thread so thought I would jump in the discussion.

Anyone fly fish? :beer:

mdash 06-14-2017 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by ThirteenthCurve (Post 4295534)
I would be interested in jumping on one of these trips if it gets scheduled. I am planning on heading to Naches/Moon Rocks this Friday night after work(6/16 around 7pm departure, maybe earlier). Haven't been over there so this will be a random exploring trip for me. Just saw this thread so thought I would jump in the discussion. Anyone fly fish? :beer:

Do you have a map or good gps system? The trails intersect a lot of forest roads and do some zig zagging so it's easy to get turned around or lost. This weekend is opening weekend so there should be a fare amount of people there to watch at funny rocks and moon rocks.

ThirteenthCurve 06-14-2017 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by mdash (Post 4295565)
Do you have a map or good gps system? The trails intersect a lot of forest roads and do some zig zagging so it's easy to get turned around or lost. This weekend is opening weekend so there should be a fare amount of people there to watch at funny rocks and moon rocks.

I run BackCountry Navigator Pro on my smartphone which has worked great in the past. I usually download the areas for offline use and set a bunch of waypoints, then run the tracker as Im out there. We plan on going over I-90 and in.

Is there a better site to see trail conditions than the ranger district? https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/okawe...telprdb5424956

It currently shows all the trails closed. :thinking: