Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Scratch 1 JEEP Rubicon... She is a total...

Old 05-10-2017, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Knowing a little bit about the claims process (I only work in IT), GEICO was doing what they should have been doing, and that is attempting to get recorded statements from each party involved. Yes, they are trying to asses liability. It's their job. It has nothing to do with tricking anyone. It has everything to do to protect the company from fraud. Likely, the aforementioned witness was the other driver.

I don't work for GEICO so I have no skin in the game. But I have heard of plenty of cases of insurance fraud. A former coworker's son (when I wasn't in the insurance industry) almost went to prison for an auto insurance scam he got wrapped up in.

You did the right thing in this case. Let them talk to your lawyer. And try not to forget, those people on the phone are just like you and me, they don't get a commission for denying a claim. They are just doing a very high stress job and trying to earn a paycheck.

Even though I hate looking at the number at the bottom, it's this kind of reasoning why I keep a complete tally of everything I have bought and sold on the Jeep in a spreadsheet, including dates and sources. I know exactly what it would cost to put it back together.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Location: 2nd star to the right, and straight on 'til morning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Knowing a little bit about the claims process (I only work in IT), GEICO was doing what they should have been doing, and that is attempting to get recorded statements from each party involved. Yes, they are trying to asses liability. It's their job. It has nothing to do with tricking anyone. It has everything to do to protect the company from fraud. Likely, the aforementioned witness was the other driver.

I don't work for GEICO so I have no skin in the game. But I have heard of plenty of cases of insurance fraud. A former coworker's son (when I wasn't in the insurance industry) almost went to prison for an auto insurance scam he got wrapped up in.

You did the right thing in this case. Let them talk to your lawyer. And try not to forget, those people on the phone are just like you and me, they don't get a commission for denying a claim. They are just doing a very high stress job and trying to earn a paycheck.

Even though I hate looking at the number at the bottom, it's this kind of reasoning why I keep a complete tally of everything I have bought and sold on the Jeep in a spreadsheet, including dates and sources. I know exactly what it would cost to put it back together.
Of course you are right.
I know that the adjuster is not some comic book villain.
I was never overly rude, I was terse without getting personal.

But she is trying to get testimony to reduce my leverage in the legitimate claim.
There is no fraud here, I just want a fair settlement, which now shall include my lawyers fees.

I have little patience for BS, and this whole process from the tow truck pirates to the insurance company claim deniers is testing what little patience I have.

Its tough, I got run around once when I was young.
But I have always been a fighter.
In the end I was able to get the company removed from doing business in WA state.
I have had few (none) easy, pain free interactions with auto insurance companies.

I just think the system is rigged.
What if that JEEP was my daily transportation?

Man, what would have happened if I didn't have the video?
More time wasted with attorneys I s'pose...

Round 3 hasn't really started, I am delivering all the info to my attorney tomorrow.

LETS GET IT ON!

Quick Reply: Scratch 1 JEEP Rubicon... She is a total...