Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Trip Report: Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks July 1st

Old 07-03-2017, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trip Report: Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks July 1st

I'm mostly posting this because I need to try out using Google Photo's to host my images. I used to use Photobucket, but they want to charge now to host 3rd party image sharing.
Hmm, I can make it a clickable link, still working on this..... It's becoming very apparent I'm not very computer savy.... I've managed to link the album as a shareable album I think so maybe that's how I have to do things.

https://goo.gl/photos/3wpnbygoka3YzGXS9

Well to give a quick write up. We met at Enumclaw safeway at or before 9am. Sorted out what radio channel we'd be on then hit the road. We took FS70 road and aired down just before the gravel, ran over Pyramid Pass, down 19 road and over to Milk Creek where we picked up Dwight. We had 10 rigs total including Dwight. We ran up Milk Creek, 5 fingers, etc to the rocks. We went to Funny Rocks first, Bill, Cody and Chad played around a little until some pretty serious buggies pulled up. They scattered about the rocks and tried every line possible. We watched them for a while then went over to Moon Rocks. We all went up a line that I've done in the past and felt everyone could make, we all did. Then we headed to the back side to play around. There is a good crack to play in and a couple good hill climbs. We hung out till about 3:00 then headed back the way we came. It was a fun day.

In case anyone is curious, it is almost the exact same time to go over Pyramid as it is to go over Chinook Pass. There was a 1967 Mercury Cougar and 2 motorcycles that met at Enumclaw safeway at the same time as us. They where gearing up to leave when we pulled out of the parking lot. When we got onto 19 road we ended up passing them going the opposite direction on 19 road. We even took a long time to air down and BS.

Last edited by mdash; 07-03-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm slowly figuring out this google photo's deal. Here is a picture of one of the buggies on an insane line. I've only ever seen one rig make this unassisted. It was a purpose built rock buggy with rear steer, single seater, etc. This guy got close, farther then anyone else I've seen without rear steer.

This is a pic of Cody, I think Chad and Dwight coming up the line on Moon Rocks that I took everyone up.

So what I'm noticing with google photos is the pictures shrink when you post them. It's hard to see any detail in these. I'll try to add them to the above photo album.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

great pics! thanks for sharing! do you happen to have a GPS track for the route you took?
Old 07-03-2017, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool! I like that white 4-door running the coopers. Is he a member here?
Old 07-03-2017, 07:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome report as usual! Sure do miss those trips...
Old 07-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Wow! That looks like a great place!
Old 07-04-2017, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks Jason, someone asked me if we can go down the back side. I said yes, I did it once and on the way back up watched Jason stand his jeep in the spare tire. Lol. They decided they didn't want to go down there. Lol.

Sorry snoop, no gps track. I'm not smart enough for that tech stuff.

Sea bass, I don't believe he's on here. His name is Cody, It's a nice rig. King coilovers, dana60's, 40" Coopers, genright cage. It's built well.

Quick Reply: Trip Report: Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks July 1st