JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Outdoor Sports (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/outdoor-sports-102/)
-   -   Mountain Bike.....or Road Bike? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/outdoor-sports-102/mountain-bike-road-bike-185165/)

sixt7gt350 08-24-2011 08:13 PM

Crap.
Just scored a killer deal on a Cannondale Multisport 4000 frame and fork.
Now I have to put it to good use.
There goes some of my trail time.

Fuzz 40 08-24-2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dark-ness (Post 2480857)
MtN bike here... I like the downhill style biking... I absolutely hate road bikers... they are everywhere n columbia and love to come annoy everyone one ft. Jackson..... news flash get out of the road!!! Its meant for cars ...RrrrRrrR :bird:

Easy now. As a roadie it is annoying to hear motorist who think the road is only theirs. Cyclists have the same rights to the road as vehicles do. If you want to get pissed at them for not following the rules go ahead because they give the rest of us a bad name.

wecf 08-24-2011 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dark-ness
MtN bike here... I like the downhill style biking... I absolutely hate road bikers... they are everywhere n columbia and love to come annoy everyone one ft. Jackson..... news flash get out of the road!!! Its meant for cars ...RrrrRrrR :bird:

As a previously sponsored DH racer and self professed cyclist I hope you get hit by some jackass just like yourself. Read the law, bikes have the right of way over cars. Also BTW road rideing made me about 25% faster than just riding my MTB alone.

sixt7gt350 08-26-2011 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fuzz 40 (Post 2491042)
Easy now. As a roadie it is annoying to hear motorist who think the road is only theirs. Cyclists have the same rights to the road as vehicles do. If you want to get pissed at them for not following the rules go ahead because they give the rest of us a bad name.

Originally Posted by wecf (Post 2491050)
As a previously sponsored DH racer and self professed cyclist I hope you get hit by some jackass just like yourself. Read the law, bikes have the right of way over cars. Also BTW road rideing made me about 25% faster than just riding my MTB alone.

As a cyclist, my biggest gripe with the vast majority of fellow cyclists is ranting and raving about "rights to the road," yet blatantly ignoring the responsibilities/rules of the road, (blowing through stop signs and red lights, hogging lanes multiple bikes abreast, etc.)

I trust neither of you is one of "those" cyclists.
"Those" cyclists turn motorists to the pissed-off dark side, becoming like Dark-ness.

Fuzz 40 08-26-2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350 (Post 2495305)
As a cyclist, my biggest gripe with the vast majority of fellow cyclists is ranting and raving about "rights to the road," yet blatantly ignoring the responsibilities/rules of the road, (blowing through stop signs and red lights, hogging lanes multiple bikes abreast, etc.)

"Those" cyclists turn motorists to the pissed-off dark side, becoming like Dark-ness.

No I am not one of "those" cyclists. "those" cyclists piss even me off because of the terrible standards they are setting in the eyes motorists everywhere. The mass group rides with their blatant disregard for the rules are such a black eye on everyone else who follows the rules. They need to be held accountable just like anyone else driving a vehicle.

fadeout 08-26-2011 07:51 PM

I went for both built from the ground up.
Fixie track bike for distance and then about a year later I put together a SS MTN bike for shits and giggles. I go back and forth between the two. If I had to chose one it'd be road tho but that's a personal preference.

wecf 08-31-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350

No, I'm not. I tow my 2 1/2 year old behind me most times and have to deal with all the asshat drivers that honk (and wake up my son who falls asleep while in the trailer). I do not ride side by side. I do not run red lights. I've put more than 150k on bikes and have been hit by a car twice. 1st time jackass is showing off in his mustang leaving tread from a stop sign across an intersection, hits me, looks down at me and my bent in half bike on the ground and says "the sun was in my eyes" and takes off. Dumb shit didn't really look at me, he lived 2 houses up the street from me, let's just say he needed to replace 4 tires the next day and the motor not to long after.
2nd time riding down the street on my new $1000 bike ( I was 20 and that was a lot of money for me to spend) guy in a truck passes me and 20 ft later turns right in front of me! I had just looked at my speedo and was doing 27.5 mph! Bye bye brand new bike! F'n pig of a cop said it was 50/50 at fault. I didn't even have time to hit my brakes.
So yes I do follow the rules of the road and still get f'd over buy stupid ass drivers that don't care about other PEOPLE around them. One of my friends was run off the road a few years back by some drunk morons (on purpose) and beaten (for no reason) and left for dead, never to ride again. Now I carry my Glock.

zombiemonkey 08-31-2011 09:16 PM

I have a 01 fully suspension Specialized S-works and just last November I bought a 11 Specialized Epic 29er. I would say go with a mountain bike, there just like a jeep. You can go anywhere and do anything. What are the two things you see the most of in Moab?

SIDsjeep 09-08-2011 08:08 AM

are there any diamondback recoil riders out there. im new to the new biking world as i just totalled my up scale walmart bike on a trail. and i just purchased a diamondback recoil and am waiting for it to be assembled and tuned. is this a good beginner bike? i have some mild trails around me but also like some short distance rides on the road and all. im just looking for some other opinions. seen how i dont have alot of cash it seemed like the best i could afford but was wondering if this thing is going to last me until i find some money.:rotflmao2:

jkfisher84 09-24-2011 01:15 PM

Invest in a decent hardtail, the recoils are crap. The rear shock sucks along with the stock fork. Check out ebay under hardtail mountain bikes, tons of stuff to give u an idea. Also pinkbike. All about mountain bikes. Just stay away from DB, there made in china also. If u get a suspension bike ur going to have to invest. I picked up a scott voltage yz25 for 400 at my local bike shop then invested in a better firk and bars so far. Total so far 550. I bet the recoil goes for 400, so for 150 more u got a better bike. Also from experiance Diamondback does not honor warranties. I snapped my xsl trail and called, wrote them, heard nothing. Good luck