Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

Camera Suggestions and Questions!!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camera Suggestions and Questions!!

Thought i would start a new thread for everyone to show what kind of camera they tote around with them! The main reason I started this thread is because im on the market for a new camera and thought since everyone on here loves seeing good quality pics, I figured who better to ask?! Im looking for a preferably under $200 camera that can take some high quality still shots as well as maybe some decent video footage. I really wanted a GoPro Hero but im a little turned off by the fact that it has so screen on the back at all. Any input is greatly appreciated!! :BEER:
Old 05-05-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love my GoPro HD Hero 2. Don't like that it has no screen? buy one. It just snaps into the back and enables playback as well as viewing while recording/taking pictures. It's the most versatile, takes amazing video and good photos.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

^ x2

GoPro is one of the best things I've purchased
Old 05-09-2012, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

I tote around a sony handy cam, excellent video and still shots. But most important camera I carry also for the altimate photos is my nikon D3100. It can do both still n video but i just use it for still. What amazing photos.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nikon D90, Canon G12, and GoPro.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I have 2 cameras I tote around and plan on picking one or two more up soon. I have a Kodak playsport that takes good video and pics and is easy to use. My other camera for those moments you want the best pics possible is my canon dslr D5

I guess I have another but I never use it, my iPad camera from the new iPad but like I said I don't really ever use it.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:34 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an Olympus Tough from a few years ago and thought it took great pictures. Not to mention it worked under water, in cold weather, and could handle being smacked around.

Definitely worth a look.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

As a semi-pro I could offer that $200 is a bit limiting. However, I have a nice little Nikon CoolPix that takes pretty good shots. My latest favorite is my Nikon J1 - but it is a $700 investment. The J1 is small, has interchangeable lenses and takes ridiculous shots. My "big" camera is a Nikon D300, and that seems overkill for what you are asking.

Check out CametaCamera.com. Its an eBay store also and typically has some great deals if you know what you are looking for.

-DP
Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Your price point is doable but low light will suffer. My pick here is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10. Picked up one for a family member, works well.

I typically use my camera phone. Reason 1.... It's with me. Steady hand and no flash... works good for what it is.
Camera 2 Canon G12
Camera 3 Canon D60 and some L glass.

Quick Reply: Camera Suggestions and Questions!!