Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

HDR? anyone else do these?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I circled the spots on the photos and I had to resize them so the quality isn't great but you can compare these to the originals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1210965_3_4.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	25992

Name:	P1220034_2_3.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	25993

Name:	P1220070_68_69.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	25994

Name:	P1220093_4_2.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	25995

Name:	P1220107_8_9.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	25996
Old 06-25-2009, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 33 williys 77
Don't feel bad, I clean my high res monitor twice, i don't see squat either
But then again I'm so color blind, I didn't know my wife was black until two years after I married her

Now that's funny
Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by woody_k
You may be just out of luck if it's a one piece camera. I have a Nikon P & S that has dust on it also so I don't use it unless I really need to.

I laugh when people say "I wish we had scenic view like that around here." Cuz I say the same thing when I see their photos. I wish we had green stuff that ain't fake around here.

Have you ever though about heading out to that bridge at night during a full moon? That would be #3. I bet that would be an awesome photo...especially if you can get some thunder clouds in it at night.

It's not uncommon for me to shoot at night with 30 secs or more exposures. I once had a 12 minute exposure.

I dunno, I'll still take it in... who knows, maybe i can get a new one under warranty.

But yeah, I hear ya. But after seeing nothing but tree covered mountains, you want a little variety. I think the biggest henderence here is that the very scenic areas are in the smoky mountains, and because of all the mist, you can't see much at times.

And I was going to stay there that night till about mid night or so to get some star pictures with the church. And I was also hoping to get some good night pictures of the scenery. But a freak rain shower made me pack up and go home. But I do plan on going back one night and getting some pictures.

I've done a ton of long exposure shots. get some really neat effects that way. My camera will only do 60sec shutter time at best. I miss my 35mm film camera. I've done pictures with it in the 20 minute range. I've got a picture somewhere that i did of the stars and it looks like hundred's of commits flying by due to the long shutter time and the sky moving.

And that reminds me... i've been reading, and it seem these DSLR's can only do 30sec shutter times, max. Is that true? I'd think they could do longer then that...

Originally Posted by woody_k
I circled the spots on the photos and I had to resize them so the quality isn't great but you can compare these to the originals.

hmm... well here's the original of that...

i don't think i have a trained eye like you cause i can't see the the spots in the original...

EDIT-- wait... now i see them... damn... i'm gonna have to try that trick you mentioned to get all the spots to show up.

Last edited by atomicmecha; 06-25-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh yeah, and that dark spot that shows up on all my pictures in the upper left corner is from the stack of filters i have.

I need to get new filters that are a step up from my camera lens so that when i stack 3 or 4 of them on they wont give the camera tunnel vision.

But i'm holding off on it cause i want to get a new camera, and the camera i'm looking at takes a completely different filter size. So i don't want to spend a lot of money on a bunch of filters only to have them not work after a few months.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

My camera on manual mode can leave the shutter open as long as I have battery power. I di all my night shooting in manual mode all other shooting in aperture mode. I haven't yet done bracketing for HDR at night. What I do then is take several shots at the same F stop but different times then change the F stop and re do the same times.

This photo is from 5 shots. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenwoodford/3621415778/

Thos filters spot in the corners...I've heard filters can do that. I only use one. How many do you stack up? Do you get ghostings or flares or reflections from the sun?

You know, I am still in the learning mode but I have a friend who is a pro and picks apart my photos...of course I ask him to do that. I look at some of my first digital photos and compare them to the ones I take now...it's like day and night...and I though I was good before. Now I think I'm just average. I'm afraid to go back and look at my film stuff!! LOL!!

Quick Reply: HDR? anyone else do these?