Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

looking for a good camera for wifes bday

Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have the t3i which is my first dslr camera. It's really good for a beginner and make sure you get something to edit your photos. I did my brothers engagement pics and my sister in laws prego pics. Tech at Walgreens made them sign a waiver because I had no copy right mark on the pics. Not saying I take great pics but with a good editing software you can really clean them up nice. Just food for thought and good luck with which ever way you choose.

Last edited by Johnny_t; 04-30-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the nikon D3100 not to expensive, but excellent pictures she will enjoy it without a doubt.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Traditionalists will laugh but I love SOny. I picked up an a580 last year and love it. Its made well and cheaper than anything in its class. It also uises the Minolta A Mount. I put a Tamron 17-55 on and its a sweet setup.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't really just "buy" a camera. You really need to hold it and see how it feels. My Nikons all feel balanced to me whereas Canons didn't. Most all take exceptional quality pictures these days. It's what the photographer SEES that makes the picture great

My suggestion.......go to best buy or a camera store and hold a few camera bodies with the lens she'll most likely shoot with. See what feels better. Then check out the menu in each and see which is more intuitive to you/her. Other than that....after she gets the camera....just shoot shoot shoot

Quick Reply: looking for a good camera for wifes bday