Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

New Camera!

Old 06-15-2008, 03:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on your new camera. Hope you enjoy it. We also took possession of a new to us but used by my son Canon Rebel Xt dSLR this weekend. First place we went was to the snowmobile watercross races. Great camera and the event was fun to. Here's a photo of what watercross racing is. And you thought snowmobiles were only for the winter. I see in your signature you are in upstate NY. Anywhere around central NY? We are over near Rome.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
SLR camera's are a lot like Jeeps, once you get the bug, then they get real expensive.
Isn't that the truth! I bought my wife a Canon Rebel while we were dating and she loved it (so did all our family and friends) so much she started talking about getting into photography as a part time job. So for our wedding I bought her a Canon 5D (freaking awesome camera) and 3 more lenses for it.

Congrats on the marriage and I love the picks of the dogs, they are so cute I love pugs. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Appreciate the tip on bringing both cameras. We got a 4gb card for the new sony alpha, and have about 6gb total with the cards we have for the kodak... so I will certainly bring everything because I plan to take TONS of pictures.

Also, I'm not near central NY, but have been out there many times. I'm about 30 mins north of Albany.

Thanks again for all the tips and compliments folks
Old 06-16-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKnewb
Also, I'm not near central NY, but have been out there many times. I'm about 30 mins north of Albany.
I get out to Albany on occasion, my daughter attends Albany College of Pharmacy. My brother-in-law's father is in a retirement complex in Troy too.

Quick Reply: New Camera!