Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

New camera for offroad pictures!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New camera for offroad pictures!

I just bought the Cannon rebel xt from costco to start taking some GOOD pictures of the adventures I've been going on with my kids. I have no idea how to use it yet but look forward to posting the results. Hey eddie, could you hold a "taking great offroading pictures 101" class in the near future?
Old 05-02-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Put it on sports mode (the one with the little man moving) and stand in front of the Jeep, and hold down the shutter...
(I am not responsible if you fail to move in time and get hit)
Old 05-02-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Two coworkers of mine have that camera and it is just amaizing!!! I'm very jealous!!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Fallen Hero

Originally Posted by zoomzoomjr
(I am not responsible if you fail to move in time and get hit)
EDIT,

or have a decent smiile on your face when the camera flashes
Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to see some pics!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I would be in for a photography class by Wayoflife, Wayoflifette, their son Andrew, OffTopic, or Toad. They all take great pictures!
Old 05-03-2008, 03:00 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
I would be in for a photography class by Wayoflife, Wayoflifette, their son Andrew, OffTopic, or Toad. They all take great pictures!
Here is something I've written up on how to crop photos. It has an extensive discussion of how to compose better photos, though it's directed mostly at landscape work.

Cropping--The Kindest Cut

Of course, there's lots more to photography than just composing the image, but what's discussed in that article is usable with even the simplest point and shoot cameras.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

I used the camera for the first time at my sons baseball game and the pictures look great and I love how easy it is to use. I'm hoping Clackey will be able to go up to little creek later today to really put it to the test. He just needs approval from the boss. Thanks for the info
Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Here is something I've written up on how to crop photos. It has an extensive discussion of how to compose better photos, though it's directed mostly at landscape work.

Cropping--The Kindest Cut

Of course, there's lots more to photography than just composing the image, but what's discussed in that article is usable with even the simplest point and shoot cameras.
Thanks for the website. Does anyone else have sites that would be helpful for someone that is just getting into photography? Thanks for the help.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

I don't have any particular sites in mind but there are a ton of them out there. Just do a search and you will find more information than you can possibly process. One thing I was taught a long time ago by photo instructors is when photographing people remember that people grow up and down so usually you will shoot your photos vertically. This isn't a hard and fast rule, but so many people shoot horizontal photos of people and then are disappointed that only half a person is in the photo. People are taller than they are wide so shoot accordingly. I'm making a deal now to buy my son's Rebel XT as he is upgrading his system. Can't wait to be able to switch lenses again and plug a flash into a pc terminal.

Quick Reply: New camera for offroad pictures!