Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

New Canon Rebel T2i !!

Old 01-29-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Canon Rebel T2i !!

So I just purchased the camera today as the bundle pack from Best Buy. I have the standard lense, 55-250, and my mom gave me her older 75-300 lense. Very new to the D-Slr cameras, made the investment mostly for the arrival of our new baby coming this Friday Feb.4! Any tips or pointers would be appreciated! Also any good sites for some online classes preferably free ones for now? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Sent from my Supersonic EVO 4Gees
Old 01-29-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congratulations on the camera!
I don't think you will need that telelens much for the baby, unless at 55-70mm or so for better portraits. Light is really important. I would invest in a flash that can bounce off the ceiling or wall, and with a diffuser of some kind.
A simple solution to the flash problem is a diffuser for your standard pop-up flash. Gary Fong has something called the Puffer (just Google "Gary Fong Puffer").
Of course placing the subject next to a window, especially northfacing or in soft winter light, will be great too and free.

Maybe this site has some tips for you:
http://www.photographyblog.com/artic...ograph_babies/
Old 01-29-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I just inherited the tele lense didn't think I would really use that one too much for everyday use.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure what you want touched up exactly. I just made the picture a little brighter, and the polka dots pink. Not sure how visible that is though.
If you want to print this picture, I think you should use a higher resolution file. Let me know.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks good! I was actually looking to print the picture for birth announcements. I do have the original picture but it wont let me upload it. Maybe I need to email it?

Old 02-22-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's hard to tell because of the file size but it looks like you missed your focus a little. The flower looks sharp but her eyes are soft. You can chose your focus point on your camera. Focus on her eye with half a press of the shutter then recompose and shoot.

Froknowsphoto.com is a good site for learning how to edit in lightroom. You will also hear them preach to shoot RAW. You can correct a lot more if your exposure is off a little then with .jpg.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks c21ed for the info. My mom actually took this picture with her own camera. I will definitely look into that website.

Toad I received your pm and will email you the original picture when I get home this evening. Thanks for your help.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Be my guest, Toad!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice photo! (and congrats on the new kid!)
Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got this camera for Christmas. I love it. I use Adobe Lightroom for my photo work. Picasa is free and works pretty well, too.

Quick Reply: New Canon Rebel T2i !!