Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

Video camera's

Old 12-07-2010, 03:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video camera's

What video cameras do you use or see being used most out on the trails?
I have a GoPro and it's nice but the wide angle really does not show the steepness of some of the hills which takes away from the overall impact of the video.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

I love my flip.

For what it is and how cheap it is, it really does take great HD video. It needs to have expandable memory though!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a Canon Vixia HV40 which is not exatly a pocket camera but still small from a camocrder perspective. It shoots in 1080 at 60fps and is incredible in any type of condition. I got it for free as part of a program I am involved in with Amazon (I have to write reviews on the products sent to me) but it was originally sold for around $1000 when it came out but can be picked up for about $750 now. Only downside to it is that it shoots on miniDV tapes so the load time to the PC is one for one. However, that gives way better HD video than the other camera that automatically compresses the video to files that can easily be transferred.

Kind of have to weigh the pros and cons of what you are looking for in a camera. I don't know what WOL and his team use for their videos but those are top notch looking clips. Could be in the editing software but I am guessing they are using more pro or semi pro cameras.

Lots of guys in my club use the pocket cameras or point and click cameras that can do video but they can't compare to a camera like mine. All depends on what you want the video to look like....and unfortunately, most cameras cant seem to display the true steepness of the stuff we wheel! I am constantly telling people.."its was way steeper than it looks" LOL!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the replies. After doing some research and checking I ended up with a Sony DCR-SR68 Handy Cam.
I'm looking forward to giving it a test run
Old 12-11-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

canon vixia hf20
Old 03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

GO Pro HD

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-motorsports-hero-camera/

Quick Reply: Video camera's