Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedometer recalibration

Old 02-18-2019, 09:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Speedometer recalibration

New member, sorry if this post is in the wrong place, but have been around for a few months. I bought a 09 Unlimited Rubicon with 4inch lift and 35s.
Noticed the speedometer was off and began looking into recalibration and didn't want to spend a lot. Dealer wanted $50, and other options were over $100. Saw a video on YouTube using a Bluetooth obd reader and a phone app called obd Jscan that could do it and other things. Cost me 15 bucks for the license and tried it and it worked for my Jeep. I just wanted to share the information because I'm sure there are some other people that like to save money for other parts.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cross:
Mark Doiron (02-18-2019), WaterRat72 (03-22-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 10:24 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

This looks really nice. I don't need the speedo calibration, but reading of all the codes: That would be super.

From the Android install page (typos corrected):

"OBD JScan is powerful Jeep diagnostic application. JScan allows reading standard Diagnostic Trouble Codes (emission related), general Live Data and much more. That's not all. JScan can access all modules available on your vehicle. ABS, Steering Column, Automatic Transmission, Radio, Sway Bar, HVAC and many more."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...obd4u&hl=en_US
Old 02-19-2019, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I'm half tempted to buy it even though I've got the Superchips. It'll be nice to correct the girlfriend's '16 with tires and have a second code reader at all times.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Does look enticing... I
Old 05-14-2019, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i installed the other night ,working the bugs out but it’s seems to work well with recalibration gears and speedo

Last edited by Dzldust; 05-16-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

the app works great, i have used the hell out of it for codes and just general stuff. I have jump started s few people here lately and i can change the idle speed instead of having to sit in the cab and push on the gas i just click a few buttons and the jeep idles up and holds it, also works great for when im winching and sucking up a lot of power helps the battery out a bit lol. I will also be using the abs tooth count changer part soon for my axles.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DEJK2012
the app works great, i have used the hell out of it for codes and just general stuff. I have jump started s few people here lately and i can change the idle speed instead of having to sit in the cab and push on the gas i just click a few buttons and the jeep idles up and holds it, also works great for when im winching and sucking up a lot of power helps the battery out a bit lol. I will also be using the abs tooth count changer part soon for my axles.
Just got my dongle in today. Can you use the app to adjust speedometer on the fly or do you have to pull over and turn off the vehicle?
Old 05-23-2019, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BoredKender
Just got my dongle in today. Can you use the app to adjust speedometer on the fly or do you have to pull over and turn off the vehicle?
I would suggest if you are making any calibration changes pull over and turn it off. The app tells you what items the vehicle should be turned off for, there is a little warning that pops up.
The following users liked this post:
BoredKender (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you, I think I got it right on the first try (or close enough). According to my gps speedo app it seems to be off by about 1mph once i get above 60 but I can live with that.

So happy with the app/dongle even if I never touch them again they fixed my 7+ year annoyances of 10% math while driving and a tpms light that would never shut up. And now i have DRL's as a bonus!
Old 05-27-2019, 12:57 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I swear I'm the only one Jscan doesn't work for. I chalk it up to my galaxy S6 active running android 7.1 combined with the fact that NOTHING on my jeep is as easy as it should be.

Quick Reply: Speedometer recalibration