Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New from south FL

Old 04-16-2019, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New from south FL

Hey! Just bought my first wrangler, 2017 4 door smoky mountain edition with a 6speed manual trans. Excited to get into the jku world.
The following users liked this post:
speedlimit (04-18-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Welcome to the forum! That's a really nice color! Is that the Rhino Gray?

When you're ready to start putting your personal signature touches on her, come join us over in the Modified JK Tech section.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/

And hopefully you won't be experiencing any problems anytime soon, but in case you do the Stock JK Tech section is where we help each other trouble shoot the stock parts.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/
Old 04-16-2019, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it is the Rhino color! Unfortunately i havent gotten to take it home yet, as it was popping out of reverse, to the dealership is putting in a new trans for me first.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:05 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

It's a 2017 and they're replacing the transmission on it? ugh. Well, it sure the heck looks nice

If you plan on modding that sucker, I'd urge you to read up and ask questions before making any big changes. There is no stupid question to be asked. In over a decade of JK production, there's not much that hasn't been covered. We'll either answer the question or point you in the direction.

Being in Florida, first think you need to do is buy a hoist for the top and figure out where you're putting the doors when they come off
Old 04-17-2019, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Yep, what the others have said. Drive it the way it is (except get those doors and top off!) for a while. You'll find it's pretty capable right out of the box. Welcome to JK Forum.

That's a bummer about the transmission.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Im actually planning on rapter lining mine in the rhino grey. A black Jeep in the Texas sun gets a little toasty, plus i love the way gray and copper look together.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by DEJK2012
Im actually planning on rapter lining mine in the rhino grey. A black Jeep in the Texas sun gets a little toasty, plus i love the way gray and copper look together.
I raptor lined my tub. It's a good product, but it's not something I'd want on the exterior....unless maybe it was just a dedicated trail rig. It's just very difficult to keep looking even half way decent.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
I raptor lined my tub. It's a good product, but it's not something I'd want on the exterior....unless maybe it was just a dedicated trail rig. It's just very difficult to keep looking even half way decent.
O no, lol really? like it stays dirty, or it fades? If it stays dirty then that is no problem. My Jeeps name is Dirty Edition
Old 04-18-2019, 09:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

It holds up well to the UV from what I've seen (and read). It just is dirty all the time. Likes to show water spots pretty bad. If you put it on pretty course, problem is it's hard to wipe with a towel. If you put it on really fine, I think it might just always look kinda dull. Maybe it would help doing it in gray....idk. They don't really rate that for plastic, in case you're thinking about black plastic flares as well, although they did say could try using their specific primers and such to coat plastic first. I was asking about the plastic mounding in back and decided to leave it as is.

Link to few pics of my process -
https://drive.google.com/open?id=130...X0T8m7uhCwMM-V

The product was very easy to work with. It just never looks as good as the day it was sprayed.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
It holds up well to the UV from what I've seen (and read). It just is dirty all the time. Likes to show water spots pretty bad. If you put it on pretty course, problem is it's hard to wipe with a towel. If you put it on really fine, I think it might just always look kinda dull. Maybe it would help doing it in gray....idk. They don't really rate that for plastic, in case you're thinking about black plastic flares as well, although they did say could try using their specific primers and such to coat plastic first. I was asking about the plastic mounding in back and decided to leave it as is.

Link to few pics of my process -
https://drive.google.com/open?id=130...X0T8m7uhCwMM-V

The product was very easy to work with. It just never looks as good as the day it was sprayed.
Looks pretty good, love that custom box you did. I assume it was for tools and other goodies.

Quick Reply: New from south FL