Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New to the Jeep world in virgina

Old 04-20-2019, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Jeep world in virgina

Hello everyone! I just purchased my first Jeep! Super excited! I always wanted one and made a local purchase of a 2013 jk. I need some help identifying somethings on and about the Jeep.

Can anyone tell me by the pics what size lift I have? Looks like a 3.5” from what I read? Any help is much appreciated
Old 04-21-2019, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I was just visiting Fluvanna this past week. You've got smittybilt fenders front and rear and it looks like a smittybilt front bumper with stinger too. Silver coils are usually Rubicon Express or rough country but you'd have to cross check your pn. On the lift height, your best bet is to measure. There's a diagram floating around, I just can't find it right now on my phone. Superchips on the tailgate can be good if it's included. Looks like you've got the AEV Pintler non beadlock wheel too. Good luck and welcome
Old 04-21-2019, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I was just visiting Fluvanna this past week. You've got smittybilt fenders front and rear and it looks like a smittybilt front bumper with stinger too. Silver coils are usually Rubicon Express or rough country but you'd have to cross check your pn. On the lift height, your best bet is to measure. There's a diagram floating around, I just can't find it right now on my phone. Superchips on the tailgate can be good if it's included. Looks like you've got the AEV Pintler non beadlock wheel too. Good luck and welcome
thank you for the reply the springs say rubicon express on them. They say it has a chip I was given this ass well.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Looking at your last picture of your steering, it looks like factory tie rod and drag link. At 3.5", if that's what it ends up being, be aware that you begin getting into the territory of flipping your drag link on top of your steering knuckle to improve the steering- but only if you're noticing wonky steering.

You're probably also on 35's so keep an eye on your ball joints as well as the tie rod and drag link for wear in the ends. That little bit of wear will make for an uncomfortable ride.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Hey bud thanks a lot for explaining everything to me. I actually have 285/70/17 on the Jeep. I would like to eventually go to 35 or even 37 not sure if I need to change anything or not for that transition but that will be a little down the road once tired wear down. My next thing will be figuring the whole flash cal thing. Scared to death of that seems like I can change gear ratio and all kinds of stuff with that thing. I will slowly learn as I go I guess I’m super excited! You mentioned you were in fluvanna recently? Is there any trails in this area to explore? I should probably post that question in a specific thread.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Do you have any daytime pics? It's interesting that the previous owner had the high cut flares like that and 3.5" lift unless he was running some larger tires and moved to the 33's for selling purposes. I'd be curious if it's already got heavy duty ball joints.

Playing with the FlashCal isn't something that should bother/ worry you. I'd just make sure that you don't unplug it while it's working and be sure you follow the prompts as to avoid draining the battery (as the tuner tells you when you start clicking through). 35's is plenty enough for the east coast. 37's look cool but they bring a lot of other costs that you can skate by with 35's.

As far as visiting Fluvanna, it was for my other outdoor and off the road hobby, hiking. So nothing for the Jeep there but it was a nice place to visit before that storm came through.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:13 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

In the last pic, it appears there is a grease zerk on the top BJ, so guessing they have been replaced. I agree that 3.5" and essentially flat flares is odd for 33s, but no telling what the PO had going on. I do spot a factory lower control arm up front. Snap some pics of the axle up front and also where the control arms mount to the frame. We can help identify if you have a form of caster correction installed, and if not, suggest something that might improve the jeep's driving.

Welcome aboard. You'll find a lot of useful info on here, and some pretty good support for questions you might have.

Trending Topics

Old 04-21-2019, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Old 04-21-2019, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Old 04-21-2019, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Lol sorry for the wheel and winch picture that was accident.

Quick Reply: New to the Jeep world in virgina