Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Alarm horn honk shut off

Old 04-21-2019, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Alarm horn honk shut off

I cannot for the life of me get this feature to turn off. I also never could program a key either on my own. I know I'm doing the processes correctly to shut the alarm off by holding the button but still horn honk. Suggestions? Can a local shop with snap on OBD scanner make this change or dealer only starscan?

How about changing how long the headlights stay on for after the alarm has been set?
Old 04-22-2019, 07:51 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Not sure on the honking horn. I successfully programmed a 3rd key (from eBay) using these instructions -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...4/#post4337124

You have a programmer right? Usually the headlight setting should be in the vehicle functions you can access with most programmers.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

I have superchips. I don't think it's a feature.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:00 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

This is how I stopped the honk:

Press and hold the Lock button on the fob for at least 5 seconds. While still holding the lock button, press the Panic button and release both. Test operation.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by eharris
i cannot for the life of me get this feature to turn off. I also never could program a key either on my own. I know i'm doing the processes correctly to shut the alarm off by holding the button but still horn honk. Suggestions? Can a local shop with snap on obd scanner make this change or dealer only starscan?

How about changing how long the headlights stay on for after the alarm has been set?
wire cutters
Old 04-23-2019, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AZJKU2017
wire cutters
Lol how would I tell my girlfriend we are late for dinner then without a horn?
Old 04-23-2019, 06:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

What year model? With my 2013 it is an option under settings in the EVIC.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I just ran into this problem this past week. I left a device plugged into my outlet overnight and it drained my battery. I put a jump box on the battery to jump start and as soon as it started the horn started blaring, even though I had the key in the ignition and turned on, the horn continued to blare. Apparently, my key fob battery must have been dead at the same time or I was unable to use the fob when it was in the ignition and I couldn't pull the key out of the ignition with a dead starter battery. I ended up grabbing a spare fob while the horn continued to blare (annoying my neighbors) and pressed the lock button to stop the horn.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ronjenx
This is how I stopped the honk:

Press and hold the Lock button on the fob for at least 5 seconds. While still holding the lock button, press the Panic button and release both. Test operation.
This is exactly what I was doing but with a key that was copied and programed by a non-dealer. I still have my original and thought I would just try that for the hell of it. IT WORKED! Something must be up with the key that the store did for me I guess. It start and functions just fine but I guess there is something slightly off with it.

Thanks as always everyone.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horn won’t stop!

i have a problem with my 07 jeep wrangler jk. when i open the door, lock the door with the key fob, or unlock with the key fob my jeep goes crazy and the wind shield wipers go off along with the wind shield wiper fluid and alarm. we’ve unhooked the cables from the battery and hooked them back in. and now the jeep won’t start. i don’t know what to do.

Quick Reply: Alarm horn honk shut off