Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where to buy...

Old 04-24-2019, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy...

Ok,trying to see if you can pick this edge trim anywhere at some hardware store or auto store?
It’s edge trim for bushwhacker flares and I want to have some ready for replacement when my current ones where down.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:32 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Way back in the day, before I scrapped those pos's, I did have to buy something to replace that tape with....cuz I was doing a lot of repairs! I don't see the purchase on Amazon, so I must have bought it on eBay, but that purchase history only goes back to 2017. I am highly positive it was made by 3M, and it was pretty much the same width. It worked just as good.....meaning the fenders ripped off or damaged my jeep just as good with the replacement as with the original tape. Sorry, I have bad memories. I recall picking the old tape off being a real hassle.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
Way back in the day, before I scrapped those pos's, I did have to buy something to replace that tape with....cuz I was doing a lot of repairs! I don't see the purchase on Amazon, so I must have bought it on eBay, but that purchase history only goes back to 2017. I am highly positive it was made by 3M, and it was pretty much the same width. It worked just as good.....meaning the fenders ripped off or damaged my jeep just as good with the replacement as with the original tape. Sorry, I have bad memories. I recall picking the old tape off being a real hassle.
sorry you had a bad experience with them. Mine are all bolt on,only need for this rubber trim is trim piece between the fender ring and the flares...and there rock solid and been dam great over the years.
I found the trim on amazon and eBay as well... but the question I’m wondering if imthis stuff I can find at a local hardware store instead of online.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I could not find it other than the kit on ebay. Mine also were rock solid as like you the tape is just trim to keep dirt out between the sheet metal and flair.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

They have their purpose for some. I learned quickly they weren't for me. Anything I bumped seemed to break one of the connectors. My last straw was just sliding by a tree. thought I escaped free of damage since I didn't "hit" it, but the pressure of sliding by caved my rear quarter panel in since that is where the pressure is really dispersed vs. the seam.

jadmt - btw.....I like the new trailer you picked up!
Old 04-27-2019, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
They have their purpose for some. I learned quickly they weren't for me. Anything I bumped seemed to break one of the connectors. My last straw was just sliding by a tree. thought I escaped free of damage since I didn't "hit" it, but the pressure of sliding by caved my rear quarter panel in since that is where the pressure is really dispersed vs. the seam.

jadmt - btw.....I like the new trailer you picked up!
man I wonder what kit your all came with. All mine are bolted in and I can literally stand on them. They have done great in the brush and bend on the occasional tree but other then some scratches held up. Only thing I don’t like about them is the signal blinker housing and how gimmicky it felt when first installed

Quick Reply: Where to buy...