Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding back-up camera to stock 430 radio

Old 05-23-2019, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding back-up camera to stock 430 radio

I recently bought a 2016 wrangler and enjoy it a lot. However I’d like to add a backup camera for an added safety factor. I have the stock 430 radio, where would be a good place to look for an aftermarket camera I can install myself? Any tips or help would be great! This is also my first post so if this topic needs to go somewhere else just let me know.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Amazon has some pretty decent ones for 40ish or so. Don't forget you will have to enable the feature in your radio once it's installed since it did not come from the factory with this. You can probably see in a lot of recent posts in both this sub and the electrical one that people, including me, are bandwagoning the jscan app (which does indeed include an option for enabling rear camera on a stock radio) for most of their programmer needs.
The following users liked this post:
khonvershion1 (05-23-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are several posts on here about this. You will need:
  • Adapter to convert RCA plug to radio. Search Amazon - I used this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XYSMB7N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • JScan app to turn on this feature in the radio
  • Bluetooth OBDII dongle - Check with JScan for ones to use.
  • Small camera I used this one but there are plenty to chose from. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CPDNYGP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • DIY mount. I used a piece of aluminum to mount the camera through the spare.
The following users liked this post:
LeJerk (05-29-2019)

Quick Reply: Adding back-up camera to stock 430 radio