Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Installing LED Halo Headlights

Old 05-23-2019, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing LED Halo Headlights

I've had the headlights and anti-flicker harness associated with the package installed for a couple months.. Now that the weather has warmed up, I've decided to pull it back out and wire in the DRL/turn signal harness as well. Below this is the link to a YouTube video (credits to Jeep_tv) with installation steps. He uses some quick splice connectors to jump the turn signal wire from the harness into the turn signal wire of it's respective harness. He uses another quick splice to jump the DRL wire of the harness into the constant power supply to the turn signal harness. Has anybody done something similar? Any issues with power supply? Was interested in this, looking to avoid cutting wires/running length of wire to the fuse box. Thanks for any feedback! LEDs used are the Ausi D0840B.

https://youtu.be/hfOV2VxGwcA

Old 05-25-2019, 05:28 AM
RMY
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would highly recommend NOT using those little blue wire splicer thingies. Do the splicing with solder and heat shrink, especially for a such a long-term install.
Wiring the lights depends on HOW you want them to work. Personally, I didn't want to have my switch on PARKING LIGHTS in order my DRL to work; besides, the side markers would be on too. Not what I wanted.
True DRLs come on with the ignition. To make that work get a fuse tap and run a power wire to the HALO (white wire). Splice into your turn signal marker wires to each of the HALO (yellow wire).
I also did something a bit different with the halo fog lights. I wired both the fog halo and the fog LED to the same fog lights wire. Didn't want the the fog halos on with the DRLs. This way the fog LEDs and the fog HALOs come on when you pull the switch out.

Last edited by RMY; 05-25-2019 at 07:14 AM. Reason: add pic

Quick Reply: Installing LED Halo Headlights