Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Name this sound! Video clip ... cats/exhaust , throwout bearing , engine???

Old 05-25-2019, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name this sound! Video clip ... cats/exhaust , throwout bearing , engine???

Guys I can’t figure it out ... feels and sounds like it’s coming from the exhaust beneath the catalytic converter around the 02 sensor are
im praying it’s not the engine or clutch bearing... clutch was replaced a year ago

anyone have an idea

Old 05-28-2019, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar sound and it was a heat shield that came loose. But not sure if that is your issue.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what that sound is, but check the heat shield above the muffler. Mine had rattled since I got my Jeep every time I closed the rear tailgate. Then I noticed a rattle at idol. When I finally got fed up with it, I checked that shield and it was no longer being held up by the bolts and was just sitting on top of the muffler. I pulled it out and never replaced it. For a while after I removed it I would check how hot things got in the storage in the back, but wasn't anything to be concerned with for me.

Quick Reply: Name this sound! Video clip ... cats/exhaust , throwout bearing , engine???