Notices
Modified JL Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wandering JK FIXED!

Old 06-21-2019, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wandering JK FIXED!

I always use this forum to find fixes to my issues and wanted to contribute something back with a "fixed" thread. I have a 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon that started wandering like the gearbox was falling off of it. I put new ball joints, drag link, adjusted gearbox, and raised caster (only have a budget boost) a couple of degrees. Brand new 33x11.50 milestar Patagonia tires and it STILL wandered. Finally Iput an impact on my rear lower control arms and now it drives like a dream! I put a breaker bar on it but it didn't change anything, so I didn't think that was it. So yo you guys searching for a wander issue fix, tighten the rear lower arms with an impact!
Old 06-23-2019, 04:10 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Thanks for the feedback--always helpful. I assume you don't have a torque value that you used? Did you, by any chance, pull the control arms and inspect the bushings?
Old 06-23-2019, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Thanks for the feedback--always helpful. I assume you don't have a torque value that you used? Did you, by any chance, pull the control arms and inspect the bushings?
I didn't torque them with a torque wrench. I did that once before and my problem didn't change, which led me to replacing other parts. Yes, dropped the arms and bushings are great. I thought to put an impact on them as a "hail mary" attempt and it 100% cured my wandering. It was almost unsafe to drive it was so bad. I believe once the ends of the sleeves start to wear a little bit it just requires a little more ooompf than stock torque specs.

Quick Reply: Wandering JK FIXED!