Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOPAR Front License Plate Bracket

Old 06-22-2019, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default MOPAR Front License Plate Bracket

Does anyone have experience with the MOPAR Front License Plate Bracket designed to work with the MOPAR Premium Off Road Front Bumper made by AEV, part Number 82213163.
This License Plate Bracket is designed to mount the License Plate when a Winch is installed in the MOPAR Premium Off Road Bumper. EDIT: " No note on what Fairlead it works with, I suspect a Hawse."
MOPAR is pretty lax on Pictures of the installation.
I may install a Winch down the road. EDIT: "Not sure between the Hawse or Roller Fairlead yet. I do like the safety of the synthetic line." I might go ahead and get the License Bracket. I will be swapping my Plates in a month or so when my Personalized Tags show up. The Nuts for the license plate bolts are a real pain to install with the skid plate in place. My plan is to swap the Personalized Tags out every couple years so the stay looking new. They will swap out much easier on the Bracket instead of the Bumper.

EDIT: I did get a look at a Hinged License Plate Bracket on Doc Dales Rubicon yesterday at the local BBQ. It attached to the Top Vertical Roller Bolts. It was hinged at the top so it could flip up from in front of the Roller Fairlead. When down it clipped to the Vertical Rollers on both sides.

Bob R

Last edited by Bob Roach; 06-23-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking further the MOPAR License Plate Bracket for Wench use on the Premium Off Road Bumper looks to a two piece fixed Mount. The type you remove the front part with the plate when you need the winch. I suspect the MOPAR unit may be a Warrior Products License Bracket or similar.

I found several other options that look better to me than the MOPAR License Plate Bracket.
The best looks to be the newer and improved CASCADIA. It works with both the Roller and Hawes Fairleads. It is a hinged unit that flips up out of the road and stays up until repositioned. A little pricey at $105, but looked to be a better made product than the others I have looked at.

Bob R

Quick Reply: MOPAR Front License Plate Bracket