Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clutch system help.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch system help.

07 JK clutch pedal went soft, managed to drive it home. Replaced the slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder and still no pressure in the pedal. No leaks either.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Bled the air from the system
Old 07-14-2019, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch issue

I've been bleeding the clutch all weekend… can't seem to get it air free. Tried with an assistant the traditional way, also tried the "iv" trick with a hose and bottle of fluid. Zero pressure. Jeep wont even start because the clutch wont engage. This all started a month or so ago with a random misfire code, so I replaced the following.
Plugs
Wires
Coil pack
Crank case positionong sensor
Vaccum purge valve
oil change too

None of this fixed the misfire so I ordered a new PCM. But the next morning the clutch was on the floor, managed to get it home then I replaced the following.

PCM
Slave cylinder
Clutch master cylinder
Hard line between the 2

Not sure if im bleeding wrong or what… im about to throw in the towel and call a tow to the mechanic.

07 sahara JK 120k mi. Doesn't get abused off road, but I do live in Fairbanks Alaska so it gets damn cold here in the winter.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I've found for bleeding the clutch that you want the master cylinder absolutely brimming with fluid and putting the rear end up in the air can help get air out of the slave. Bleeding the clutch takes slow presses on the pedal, not the rapid pumps like brakes. Was your master pre-bled? Someone else had a similar issue and replaced the master but found out they introduced air into the system and ended up fighting themselves until they replaced it the second time.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Lightbulb

Maybe this writeup will help https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...linder-278107/ Jump down to the bleeding section.

Quick Reply: Clutch system help.