Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Jeep Newbie

Old 07-15-2019, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Newbie

Hey everyone, I have only owned a Jeep now for 4 days and it is everything I had always dreamt about. I purchased a 2017 Wrangler Unlimited and it came with a hard top. I have found a few people locally that are selling wrangler soft tops. I was hoping someone could
let me know what year soft top would fit my Jeep.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2019, 05:28 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Welcome! You can get any year soft top to work on your jeep as long as it comes with the proper corresponding hardware (door surrounds and roll bar brackets in the rear). The early soft tops sucked....but in 2019 you're not likely to find one of those really old ones. Just keep your eye out for a top that clips in to the top of the door surrounds and stay away from those. If you plan to use a soft top for much of anything, the premium material is no comparison to the standard material....it's well worth the extra money. The newer spring assist tops were a big improvement over the middle years.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Welcome! You can check e-bay and craigslist... you might get one for a low bid. I got a whole new top with all the windows for 50 bucks on ebay- new in box... I already had the surrounds for it, just be sure the surrounds match the top you buy!
Old 07-16-2019, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Congratulations! Welcome to our group from South Texas! Have fun

Quick Reply: Jeep Newbie