Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll cage frame tie-ins

Old 07-17-2019, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll cage frame tie-ins

I am new to the JK world (3 TJs previously) and I have been researching cages. I have noticed that none of the manufactured cages (even welded one from Genright) offer frame tie-ins. I don't understand why you wouldn't want the cage tied to the frame? All my prior TJs have been set up this way. I just don't see how bolting a cage to the tub of the Jeep is going to hold it in place in the event of a real rollover?
Old 07-18-2019, 04:01 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The JK crowd is a bolt on bunch, typically if it requires any cutting or welding they avoid the product. Look around at how many bolt in Rock Hard "cages" are out there. You should attach to the frame to do an effective cage. The JK is also quite a bit s stronger at the A pillar vs the TJ and uses bigger tubes in the factory cage so most don't need and actual cage.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I agree with everything he said ^

Even the Genright cage doesn't tie into the frame up front, and it's priced at the same price level as getting a custom cage built by a fabricator.

Quick Reply: Roll cage frame tie-ins