Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing the shocks

Old 07-18-2019, 01:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing the shocks

Has anyone used the teraflex 2.1 mono shocks? Need shocks badly and was wondering how they ride. Or if any suggestions for good shocks.

Thanks
Gitano
Old 07-18-2019, 05:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I suspect you have factory suspension since nothing is noted in the post or your profile. If that is the case, you might be able to find some new new take offs for dirt cheap. Around here sometimes $50 for a full set of rubi shocks that people get tired of looking at in the garage. If you're going aftermarket, I'd rather have one of the Rancho models than TF. Bilstein and Fox are decent but they are stiff. Steer clear of things like Rough Country, Skyjacker, Pro Comp, and all those others that make cheap lifts and shocks. TF would be better than those, but I'd probably rather just have factory takeoffs or Ranchos over em.

Sorry, i just realized you were talking the 2.1 Falcons. I think that's a waste of money, but just my opinion. Others may love em.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I suspect you have factory suspension since nothing is noted in the post or your profile. If that is the case, you might be able to find some new new take offs for dirt cheap. Around here sometimes $50 for a full set of rubi shocks that people get tired of looking at in the garage. If you're going aftermarket, I'd rather have one of the Rancho models than TF. Bilstein and Fox are decent but they are stiff. Steer clear of things like Rough Country, Skyjacker, Pro Comp, and all those others that make cheap lifts and shocks. TF would be better than those, but I'd probably rather just have factory takeoffs or Ranchos over em.

Sorry, i just realized you were talking the 2.1 Falcons. I think that's a waste of money, but just my opinion. Others may love em.
Ah sorry forgot to mention that. I have 2.5ish lift. Don't know the brand as it was lifted when I bought it. It's also sitting on 35 in tires

Last edited by Sirgitano; 07-18-2019 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well, your coils play a big part in ride comfort...as well as your tires and wheel size. However, I agree with resharp...skip any offerings by Teraflex and run the Rancho 9000XL's. They are easily adjustable, and very comfortable.
The following 2 users liked this post by BoraBora:
pcmasten (07-22-2019), Rancho (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Well, your coils play a big part in ride comfort...as well as your tires and wheel size. However, I agree with resharp...skip any offerings by Teraflex and run the Rancho 9000XL's. They are easily adjustable, and very comfortable.
Thanks for the info
I have been doing a lot more reading and that's where a lot of people are pointing.
The following users liked this post:
Rancho (07-23-2019)

Quick Reply: Replacing the shocks